www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know some guys put their bags on them and some sit on them when they're waiting in tournaments. Ever since the worlds i've been wondering how much they would help younger guy in decent shape like me...any thoughts?

Views: 611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you look on line long enough there is a new stool that folds down and will fit in your bag, Its no thicker than a putter. And it will hold my 200 lbs. without giving me that off balance feeling of the 3 leggers
Are you seriously wondering about the benefits of being able to sit down? Not trying to be a smart-alec but
I think its more of a preference of wanting to carry a stool around that drives the decision. I sit on benches, fences, logs, the ground etc when it feels right but I hate carrying around a stool. Its like dragging an extra leg around with me and when I do I usually leave them behind and end up losing them. Just one less major thing to carry for me.
There is no perfect solution. Every device and system has different advantages and disadvantages. I have tried a variety of bags and carts. Even a caddy can be counterproductive (depending on the caddy and how they interact with you).

You can only carry so much stuff. I have found I can get away with a bag and one more thing, which for me is a folding chair. But I can't add an umbrella to that (or a walking stick or a cooler or a water jug or a second bag). Fortunately, umbrellas are not important to me. I don't care if I get wet so long as I can keep a hand and my discs dry. And if there is any substantial wind to go with the rain then the umbrella just blows away when you set it down.

I don't carry a chair to sit on. It is a rare round where I sit on it at all, even in a tournament with back ups. It keeps my bag out of the mud and makes it easier to add and subtract discs. The 4 legged chairs (like the one Donny Olow showed in his post) will fit in quad shocks straps as you walk so you don't need to carry it in your hand. Once you have trained yourself to perch your bag on it you won't leave it for long because the next time you stop it won't be there to act as the perch (its not like a mitten that you drop because you might not notice the glove is missing for a few holes or longer). I started using a bag one winter but it has become a year round thing.

Even bags are tricky. I need to use a big bag for the 18 or so discs I carry and all the other stuff, towels, layers, etc. But if it is too big then I know I will fill it up and it will get too heavy. I'm to the point where I can feel the difference (or at least I think I can feel the difference) in weight if I take one disc out of the bag. So its a battle: one more disc or the luxury of less weight? In a tournament I put up with the weight and stuff the bag to the max.

It takes a lot of trial and error to find the system which works right for you.
So what's the deal with those portable umbrellas? Do they really help that much? How much would they help an old dried up guy like me...any thoughts?
http://www.rei.com/product/783059

I had to post this.. get a additional %20 off...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968