www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know some guys put their bags on them and some sit on them when they're waiting in tournaments. Ever since the worlds i've been wondering how much they would help younger guy in decent shape like me...any thoughts?

Views: 611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the best thing i know that they are used for is to set your bag on it to keep your bag off of the wet ground while you throw! and you can sit on them too, i guess.
Good call !!!!
do you get tired?
nope don't notice getting tired. i was thinking maybe i lose power without knowing it because my back fatigues or something...

stevo said:
do you get tired?
Tired of waiting ? Depends on how slow some of the players in the group are or if you have to wait for the group in front of you. Waiting in the shade is great !!!!
have you been playing much lately?

joshlotto said:
the best thing i know that they are used for is to set your bag on it to keep your bag off of the wet ground while you throw! and you can sit on them too, i guess.
The idea is that they save you energy that you would normally use to throw. I would use one for the simple fact that I do get tired after 36 holes and I have 12 left to go. It would really help in my opinion. As far as putting my bag on it, it WOULD help on a rainy day. I wouldn't have to set my bag on the muddy ground and worry about sending it through the wash when I get home. But basically the idea is to save energy I think.
Blaze said:
have you been playing much lately?

joshlotto said:

yup
It's a nice option....If you decide to use one...I suggest try taking it with you during some practice rounds. Don't use it the first time at a Tourney. ...It may distract you a little, carrying it for the first time.
The three legged stools are seriously inferior to the four legged stools. The 4 leggers are more comfortable to sit in (though the real benefit is keeping your bag off the ground,mud,snow, slop) and vastly better balanced (nice for side hills).

For younger guys in decent shape the endurance factor is pretty small so the benefit of sitting is pretty small.

I thought about working in a stool softener joke but decided to spare all of you.

You owe me.
the campstool has been a life saver during the long back up in a tourney. it is also great to set your bag on. but you already read that in this thread
I was wondering about them as well, but over here not enough people play disc golf to mean we have to wait to tee off, etc. I suppose it would be good if you were spectating at the Worlds or the USDGC though, definitely handy to have then.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968