www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my friend peter parked a great shot across wailoa river , on the way his disc skiped twice on the water then parked about 2 feet from hole # 10 . are there any special disc molds for this kind of action ?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

.....anything that skips great on land. DuH! j/k ; )
Not a shot I practice very often, for obvious reasons. If you know the answer to this question, you probably need to find a different place to play!
All that said, I bet the roadrunner does well because of the convex underside of the rim. This is the next innovation now that we've gotten to the max rim thickness allowable.
Anything but a Shark! SRLSY Wailoa is a Shark magnet. I must have 10 at the bottom.

Use a Phenix (they float) or R-pro under 150 (also floats).
At first I thought you said "Peter Parker"

The best disc would be one thrown upside down on it's flight plate.
I read the same thing, "Peter Parker", damn super heroes using their webs to make discs skip... anyone know the PDGA rulling on this?
that's because sharks like water, duh...
The hand full of discs I have skipped off the poopy lagoon waters of Riverside Park where all very fast over stable drivers (Boss, Destroyer, and the Wraith), but I think it has a lot more to do with the speed and angle of which these discs were thrown more than the choice of plastic.
not the one i threw last night.
Unfortunately I have expirence with this subject.In sarasota at the temp.course I skipped up for the par with a star boss.My second shot looked 10-15 short of land,but skipped on the pond right up to the pin(30ft from the edge)
So are you saying that you skipped on the water twice on that hole, or was it just the second shot.
one throw it skiped in the middle and then again 6' from shore to onshore about 10' on land . it was a beautiful thing to watch .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968