www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I got a quick question for everyone. Have you ever really measured how far you can drive? Not just walking off your drive or using the distance on a hole. I bring this up cause me and a few buddies were having a little argument about how far everyone could throw their drive and they all thougt they threw 375 400' cause of the lenght of a few holes and I called bs on them so we went to lined football field and guess what? Not a single one on this windless day could throw from one end to the other (endzone to endzone is 360') So if you really want to know your true distance you should try that and you might be suprised. My best throws landed aroundd 350'

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say roughly 330' ish. I measured by the ballpark I work at. Homeplate to center field fence is 310' and I hit the top of the 8' tall fence constantly. Which is a good thing for the business across the street
I've thrown some at an almost 24,000 elevation at over 400 ft. elevation does make a difference.
especially on a flat ground. it seemed harder at higher elevation?

and there is a park nearby that has a driving range measured out . can get to 450 -500 on a good day.

practice.practice.practice.

it depends on your definition though. someone might get a single throw to 450 and claim they can do it all day long, when they cant. are we talking consistence?

but yeah. most people that think they can drive 400+ really cant on a consistent basis when measured.

its a fact.

wtg to you for calling them out though.

you , or them will never get better( drive farther) unless you do some math.
Top measured - 550+
1 of 10 in perfect conditions- 500+
Comfortable/easy distance- 425'
I can't drive at all right now. When I could, I was averaging about 330', maxing out around 370'. I measured distances out on a two-track trail across the street from my house.
I average 345-350 but I'm moving back up to the 360-370 ranges. I have thrown 400 with an SL once.
Been on a measured field and i've on been consistent around 360', but that still drives me crazy even though I know practice, practice, practice. I have a good snap and lots of power.. WTF. When I see someone rape a 500ft drive with no problem I don't know if I want to shake their hand or break it out of jealousy.
If they can drive 500' I would not suggest trying to break their hand in a game of "mercy."
I had the same experience. I figured an average drive for me was 400' and easy distance was 350'. Then I went to a football field. 350 is not easy distance for me. If there is a head wind or even a tailwind, I couldn't hit the 360 mark. The r pro boss I was playing with last season I was throwing 60' past the goalposts (so 420') and averaging 380-400'. So I guess I need to leave the group "450+" that I joined! Oh wait, I can roll that far, whew!
450 measured with a star katana. But comfortably around 375 to 400
24,000 ft? were you on the himalayas?
i think i cal BS on most of the replies on here! LOL 350 for most i would guess... Once you start getting over 400, you have to have proof. Like i wouldnt believe that Ben Calhoun could throw that far, but people have seen it so you have to believe it. Others on here, 400 is a LONG LONG way to throw.
My Best distance measured on a football field was last year with a star wraith 166g's, at 422ft. I was averaging about 375ft.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968