www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm new to the sport but absolutely love it. My back hand sucks tho!

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgn6Os4YSW0

Here is a good video to watch and learn from!

Welcome to this great sport!

work on form and accuracy 1st.. distance will come. make every throw a routine.

welcome!

Here is another link to some technical techniques and information. You may want to bookmark it for future reference as it contains an enormous amount of information that you'll want to refer back to after practicing. The information has helped me greatly understand the dynamics of the "snap".

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/distancesecrets.shtml 

Go to pdga.com and right now they have a video on the main page w a seminar on driving as well as trick shots and putting. The vid can also be found on youtube for disc golf monthly. Watch the pros throw and if u can videotape yourself on ur cell phone. Thats an easy way to see what you need to work on. Try to throw the disc flat and straight and let the disc do the work. Have fun.

Disc Golf Fundamentals DVD
Disc Golf Fundamentals Vol. 1 DVD - $19.99  

Above is video that can be purchased in addition to the good information others posted. I own this and it is a great DVD for those who want to improve their game and for those starting out. 

Two things. First X step. Second your arm should come straight through. The X step stores energy up in your stance and then when you pull straight through it releases all of that energy. You will probably get distance before control but that is OK. Control comes with time. Just avoid any circular motion with your arm and keep the disc level (don't throw up in the air).

i think jim is correct. Learn the x-step first. Find someone that is experienced to teach you the x-step and how to grip your disc.

Here's how I practice my technique a hundred times a day without throwing a single disc. If you have access to a heavy bag (boxing bag) you can practice the motion at full speed over and over without hyper-extending your elbow. Bring your arm back slowly, start bringing it forward slowly until you get to your chest, and then ramp up to full speed and whack the bag with your knuckles. Do it over and over and you'll feel the snap. 

All good advice. Just keep Practicing !!!

like backhanding a bitch across the face. keep the nose down and dont hold back

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968