www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

like a little chip and a handheld device that points you in the right direction like one of those things that lets you find your kids.

less lost discs would be good, but maybe not so much for the manufacturers.

if something like this was available for say..$20-50 and entailed a handheld device along with a chip small enough to tape onto a disc, would you buy it?

Tags: tracking

Views: 440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why not just use a beeper, like they use on model rockets? I've used GPS units for geocaching, and also avalanche-victim locating devices. Both get you only kind-of close.

Oh, and for dog-assisted searches, I think they have the technology to mold the bacon smell right into the plastic.
TECHNOLOGY just put a centrifical electro magnet in the mold. yeah one throw and then walk to the basket. no more lost discs , it just sticks to the metal.
as tempting as that sounds I picture my disc getting chewed up by every dog on the course :)
Now thats thinking
There is a kid in our club, he is a student at Ball State. He is working on just such a device, something embedded into the disc that will aid in locating said disc.
I am a tracking device, the trick is to watch the disc, and remember land marks so when you look away you do not forget where it landed... if you think it might be hard to find... don't worry about watching your buddies disc ... also On bad holes, have a budy spot then you do the same for them.

But I remember when I just started playing I was talking about the need for a tracking device that was taped on the back, it could just beep beep beep beep...and maybe a led for these last few holes your trying to get in..... and you could locate it just fine.

That really would be light and cheap...
Think discs are hard to find..... try finding black or camo arrows at a 3-d archery course sometime..........
I know the technology is there. lets make this happen people!!
thoise arent exactly "tracking chips" going into pets. They contain the owners info so if someone finds the pet, and has it scanned, it may can be returned to the owner. SO not exactly "tracking".
i did quite an extensive search (china and Japan) for a beeping chip that could be taped to a driver, found stuff close but not beeping .......... i'm sure it could easily be done ..... if you could speakie the language.
Sounds like a good idea untill you find out that it cost 15-30$. May-bye on your favorite disc it would not be a bad idea, but you can just buy a new one for it. I would not buy unless it was less than 5$.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968