www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Quest AT has released a new driver with a wide wing and bullet shaped edge. Called the Terminator, it comes with a sticker on the back that claims "Fastest disc on the market. Big arm players only."
It has an extremely low profile and is super thin. I can just fit my fingers under the rim as it measures only 8mm deep.
Team Super G will give it a field test soon and let you know results...
Good luck at your tournaments this weekend!

Tags: 15, quest, speed, terminator

Views: 1125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are the people that brought you the Wheel and Turbo Putt, also illegal. Why make nonconforming discs?
The Turbo Putt and the Wheel were not necessarily illegal when designed. It depended on the interpretation of those specs which deemed them not able to be approved, with the agreed upon exception granting 18 more months approval for the Turbo before it expired at the end of 2008. The specs were revised partly as a result of these discs but were definitely in place before the Terminator came out.

Note that PDGA players are less than 1% of all people who play disc golf so PDGA Approval is not seen as important by some manufacturers for all of their discs. For example, Wham-O has many discs they have produced over the years that have not been submitted for PDGA approval and not all of those would meet PDGA specs if submitted.
Has anyone tried it as a roller disc?
glass houses and quick judgment.....

I'm guessing 1-2 people who commented so far have actually thrown one, and even then.... a bad review doesn't mean much.

chill peeps.

lets wait and see.
Cant say anything about the terminator but I have purchased three other quest discs. I think its pretty balsey of the company to make discs that are truely different. Not sure the dimple thing actually works but my defender is a nice understable fairway driver. And ive got a ultra long range odysey driver that is one of my longest straightest discs if I dont put too much on it.
My opinion/comment is based solely on the mentioned fact that this disc cannot be approved for use in sanctioned events, not on limited performance reviews, so other then being another gimmick....eee novelty disc....for all practical purposes....it is essentially useless. But hey....your right....wait and see.....maybe it's fun to roll one.... ; )~
Ive had one for some time now. I only threw it a few times. Tried it flat, at a 45degree angle, and with a verticle release. It is very fast but very understable. Everything Rubberband man said. Mine is up for trade on discaroo
I don't really know what to make of Quest and some of the discs that they make. I know of one guy at our course who bought a Terminator, but I don't know if he really like it or not. I guess that it doesn't really matter if it's not legal to use. I own four Quest discs, an Inferno, Inferno Classic, Raging Inferno and T-Bone. Great discs and the plastic is holding up well. I guess that they improved it greatly since the first runs. Anyway, sometimes I see that Quest makes great discs and sometimes I see them making things that resemble toys. I hope that they stick with the great discs thing because I use mine all of the time. I think that the dimples are somewhat of a gimmick, but who really cares if the disc flies where and how you want it.

Terminator... ???
Supposedly the same idea behind a golf ball.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968