www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What are your thoughts on Arroyo Sports and DGA's new V-shaped inner chain design?
DGA is set to release their model early 2014.

I personally think it is a step in the wrong direction for the progression on the sport. The last thing we need is a more expensive peripheral for installing a new course. Or the pressure it might add on the budgets of clubs or cities to replace their existing equipment in order to host a championship event.

Scores will get lower, too. Do you know some one who rifles putts full speed? Course records will get lower and round rating curves will expand. The general outsiders view is already skewed that the game is easy. I appreciate the fineness that is required to shoot low scores already, I don't need a stickier basket to validate my disc golf ability.

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do actually have Issues with some types of plastic , Spinning off the chains because the disc is too slick. For Example , Candy Type of Plastic.

have you ever tried the Arachnid baskets? these work great! 

First time I have seen this type of Basket. Triple Chains ?  Who makes them ?

I think the problem is that the general public thinks that disc golf is an easy game, because ball golf is so hard. So I think it is bad for the sport when they see people at -36 under after four rounds tourney play. The most exciting PGA golf tourney of the year was when Justin Rose won at Merion at +1, Or Phil Mckleson at -3 at Muirfeild. The average golfer can relate to that. We get no respect as it is. Don't get me wrong, cause I stated playing disc golf because It was the only type of golf I could score birdies while playing, then fell in love by how dynamic of a game it is.

Gateway also makes a heavy duty 3 chained basket (and has been for nearly a decade). The Titan catches better than another basket, in my opinion...

Spit outs are just part of the game!!!!! We all have them!!! But as stated before, less than more!!!!! If you are consistently spitting out!!! Then some thing is wrong with  the putting!!! Just make better putts!!!!

We have 3 courses in Clinton county NY the oldest (2010) has Innova DiscCatchers, the second course has DGA Mach II's and the third has Arroyo Vortex baskets. 

While all three will spit out bad putts, I have yet to see an Arroyo basket spit out a great putt.  The type of great putts I'm talking about are from 35 feet or more from the basket and hit the chains with the front edge of the disc.   I regularly see this type of shot get spit out our go right through the chains of both the Innova and DGA baskets. 

Nothing is more aggravating then seeing an Ace blow through chains or get spit-out because it hit the pole.

The Arroyo Vortex baskets are no more expensive then the Innova DiscCatchers, so I don’t buy your argument about the increased cost to clubs. 

After playing on the Vortex baskets all summer I feel that if these baskets lower scores then the problem is course design not the baskets. 

Made by a local company here in Indiana, Arachnid disc golf targets, Denver Indiana. they have a facebook page and maybe a website.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968