www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i am involved with a company and we attempting to have our fist annual tourney this june. we need sponsers for the tourney, i have no idea of who to target or how to go about getting them on board. im looking for any ideas or know how that you could share with me. so far we have the idea of going after local resturaunts, and offering advertising on tee signs and the scorecards, as well as banners around the course. any feed back is appreciated as well as anyone wishing to help us out in any way. the favor would more than likely be returned.
also if you have ever done this how do you pitch the idea to potential sponsers?

Tags: added cash, discking, open, sponsers, sponsership, tournaments

Views: 2

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that's a real nice offer T(to the P)C

Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
Let me add that Sheila and I are both world class editors. Any time anyone is preparing an official document for a park, city, or whatever about a new course, etc., or sponsorship, we'd be glad to look it over quickly and make sure things are spelled correctly, etc.
Why do you need sponsors? I'm asking a serious question here. My brother has been running big, fun tournaments for several years now without much sponsorship. If you're talking about running an A-tier, sure, you need some sponsors. But you'd have them lined up before you started with the talking.

Discraft and Innova are happy to sell discs for one-half retail. The amateurs who play your tournament will provide all the sponsorship you need.

Probably what you really need is (a) a merch man who is not related to Dracula, and (b) a better understanding of disc golf economics.
Are you serious?

Nick said:
Hey Mark, just so you know...it's "etc" not "ect".
we dont need sponsors. we want to get some for added cash to the pro pool, and such. make it worth the travel. maybe some left over for course improvements?
It sounds kind of like the "company" it self shuold pull the cash out of it's pockets and lay it on the tournament table! You may run a little tighter,well planed, more memorable event when it is your own money on the line.

Oh Yea , How much are you going to charge for hole sponsorships?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968