www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone on here ever ordered the 10 pack of misprint Discraft discs from the sportdiscs site that advertises on here? I was thinking about it, but wondered if it's worth it.

I don't know many discraft discs yet, would I be able to tell what discs they are?

Would they be misprinted as other models of discs so as to confuse me horribly?

What has been people's experience with this? I was thinking the 10 Z/ESP discs package.

Tags: ESP, Z, discraft, misprints, sportdiscs

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have ordered misprints from Discraft. All the discs that I ordered told me what the discs were. All that was wrong is that some of the stamp did not stick or it was stamped 2 times. Even if the model of the disc did not stick you could still see the imprint of the model on the plastic. I personaly think its worth it. Some of the ones I got were stamped missprint on the underside of the disc.
nice thanks, man.
I would definitely recommend the Z and esp deal over the pro-d and X deal. I got the pro-d and X and still felt like I got my money's worth. I really just did it to try out new discs as I was pretty new at the time. Like Cassidy said, some of the discs had misprint stamped on the bottom. I actually even had trouble figuring out what was wrong with the stamp on a few of them. The only problem I had with it was that the items on the packing list included in the package did not match the discs that I actually received.
Personally, I love misprints and purposely have some discs misprinted or multiple stamped.

A disc with a standard stamp looks just like the discs everyone else has. A misprint is unique. Some misprints look cool as heck. Sometimes I take a standard stamped disc and remove parts of the stamp with chemicals to make them unique. Sort of like a custom misprint.

Being sponsored, I am allowed in the factory (a very secret and mystical place). I love to root around and look at the reject boxes and the misprints. Discraft is very particular about what they sell. If the disc isn't perfect, they regrind it. If the stamp isn't perfect they sell it as a misprint. I have pulled discs out of the regrind boxes and put them directly in the bag, like the beloved Z Buzzz in there now. I has little bits of burned carbon throughout the disc. It flies just like any other Buzzz but looks cooler. I have also pulled discs out of the regrind boxes and studied them but couldn't find any visible flaws.

So Wholegrain, if by chance you got a misprint and didn't know what the disc was (Surge or whatever) but happened to love it, why would you care what it was?

A disc which carried a hotstamp for another model would be very rare and in my eyes more interesting and more valuable. Rather than being discounted, you might have to pay more for those. :)

In coin collecting the errors are more valuable. I look at it the same way in discs.
Doesn't really matter , as long as they fly good !!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968