www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My friends pupper dog Fritz has been spotting and finding discs for us. Each week now when we're playing at my friends private rock course, his 10-month-old German Shepard Fritz wants to wait for us way down the fairway while we drive, then he helps us find our discs...which are, of course, sometimes in the tall grass. Invariably, he saves us many minutes each round...often the precious last minutes of daylight. Ever see a dog do that? It's blowin' us away. He's a natural.

Views: 0

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a friend who's golden retriever will spot and retrieve discs. No teeth marks and only retrieves when told too usually totally ignores discs. Used him to get a disc out of the water once. Works better then the other "golden retriever" without the string.
the best dog i ever saw for spotting would run after the drive, circle the driver once and then just hang out till the thrower caught up.
We used to play with a couple who had a boxer and she would go and find a disc even at the bottom of the ditch, she'd get there, try and nose it out and the only thing was she wouldn't drop her mouth down to take the disc whilst under water ........... when told to get she'd try and flip it to edge and like a boxer pound it with her paws and pound it deeper in the mud .......... never did recover that one, too bad it was a favorite.
I know a guy that has a little dog that looks like a fox that will run out, stand by the disc and then run to each disc as they land .the dog never touches the disc just goes to where they land pretty funny to watch.
Since my orig post, Fritz is all growed up. Now (we think to show us he's tired) after doing 30 or 40 250+' sprints, he has taken to picking up a disc and carrying it into the swamp. Hmmmm...
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968