www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off

A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line
of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in
803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

B. Stepping past the marker disc is permitted after the disc is released, except when
putting within 10 meters.

My question is can I grab a tree that is behind me and my lie for balance? From part 2 it says nothing closer to the hole and the tree I grabbed onto was further away then my lie.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Different rule - I think. Checking now. Something about having to stand by your own support or something. IDK. I am just gonna say no. That's gotta be cheating. Take relief if you cant stand there.
No. You can't lean onto any tree for balance. Sorry.

No. look at C & D

C. Any throw from within 10 meters or less, as measured from the rear of the marker disc
to the base of the hole, is considered a putt. A follow-through after a putt that causes the
thrower to make any supporting point contact closer to the hole than the rear edge of the
marker disc constitutes a falling putt and is considered a stance violation . The player must demonstrate full
control of balance before advancing toward the hole.

D. A player must choose the stance that will result in the least movement of any part of any
obstacle that is a permanent or integral part of the course.

If putting, you have not demonstrate full control of balance. If not putting, you are using a stance that will result in more that the least movement.

You may brace yourself by grabbing an immovable object behind your lie like a larger tree trunk. In fact, you can have your caddy or other person hold your hand if you're perched precariously on a creek bank as long as they are behind you. For those who disagree, point out the words in the rules that disallow what I just posted.
Yeah I looked it up and that's why I responded as such. I didn't find anything in there!
Most of the people that I play with would say something if I grabbed a tree behind me.  I don't see how its that much of an advantage .
So if I was on the ice making a shot and my front foot was set in good but my back was sliding could I have my caddy put his foot down against the back of mine to prevent it from sliding ? FOOT SPOT
yep

If I were getting sucked into a black hole could I have Captain Kirk tether me so that I didn't lose my stance?

But grabbing a tree is vorbodden.

Not really. If it's a young tree whose trunk will bend when holding it, then you can't hold it. But if the trunk does not move, you may hold or brace yourself as needed if it's behind your lie.
I was attempting a "patent pending" shot where you but your back to the basket to gain reach around a obstacle and needed to lean a bit more, so I grabbed a tree that was "in front" of me but since my back was to the basket it was behind my lie. I grabbed on and leaned as far as I could for an 20' anny putt, I missed regardless and he called stance violation being a nice guy for the "free extra shot", I said it was legal which sparked a debate. I was right and he was wrong is what I gathered from this right?
As long as the tree was big enough that it wasn't moving around as a result of holding onto it, then you were okay holding it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968