www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off

A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line
of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in
803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

B. Stepping past the marker disc is permitted after the disc is released, except when
putting within 10 meters.

My question is can I grab a tree that is behind me and my lie for balance? From part 2 it says nothing closer to the hole and the tree I grabbed onto was further away then my lie.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

but doesn't your lie go towards the basket no matter what? not just which way you decide you want to face?

This changes everything!  I coulda been pro by now if I knew that.

seriously, I always thought you could not lean on anything behind you even if it was solid.

yep...No different than if your disc is in a pile of brush...You can back into them, but you can't break and remove them, or the ones that are in front of you...You can lean back, but not forward.
A pile of brush is not a permanent part of the course. It would be considered a loose impediment. I don't know if any of you have ever seen the video of Tiger Woods getting help in moving a very large rock (boulder) so that he could get a stance. It was still considered a loose impediment.
Under the new rules, you may stand on or remove loose impediments in your run-up or stance, even if some of the branches project in front of your lie.
Yes, I reported my position so that it would be know that the tree was behind my lie
This is as long as they are behind your disc , or are behind and extend past correct?
yes
I just hope people don't cheat and try to circumvent the New Rules !
This isn't a new rule. You could always do this.
Sorry About that , you are correct. I just don't want to see folks cheating.
This one actually helped me out. I have routinely not used tree trunks for support. At leastI  can if needed now and legal.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968