www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Flying Disc magazine is on shelves at Barnes and Noble, Borders, Books a Million, and Hastings coast-to-coast! The Feb/Mar issue is out there now.

Check with your local big box, see if they're one of the ones to carry it. B&N and Borders featured the top third or so of their stores, the others are carrying chain wide. We're working to get a list of locations and will post it shortly.

We hope folks will realize what a great opportunity this is to show mainstream America and mainstream sponsors that discers love and support their sports.

So check it out and if you find FDM locally, say thanks to the manager, let 'em know you care about disc golf. More soon!

Tags: disc, fdm, flying, magazine

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the response, i will most likely be at states unless business dictates otherwise at the last minute.

FDM said:
Yup, it's been forever, a lot colder up here.

Issue 6 was published as a New Year's edition. Your mailing list was excluded because of circumstances delicate to the issue that you posted, which is not public information.

Keep in mind that Borders, Barnes & Noble, Books a Million, and Hastings would not have committed to such widespread coverage of FDM if they did not feel comfortable with delivery and performance.

See you at the VA States?

biscgolf said:
hey rich, long time.congrats on the national distribution.

i'm sure the question many 2008 pdga members have is the same as mine- why would i buy this product again when the last time i bought it i received only 83% of the product i was told i would receive when i purchased it? "for the good of the sport" doesn't cut it by the way.
My borders doesn't carry it!
Head down to Boardman, that's where I'm about to go now!

Paul Ackerman said:
My borders doesn't carry it!
Thanks Rich.
hey now,I stopped at the Books a Million here in Port Charlotte,Fl and still no luckThis was about an hour ago on 2/20.I'll have to try Ft.Myers,Barnes & Noble has a store location.Peace

FDM said:
I believe virtually every Books a Million has picked us up. Could be you went in before they'd stocked? Would you let me know what you find if/when you check back?

mr ed said:
hey now,I checked in at our local Books a Million the beginning of Feb and no such luck at finding a copy.Stopped at the customer info desk to inquire about the possibility of future handling of FDM,no luck.What states are carrying FDM,I'm in Florida and live about a mile away from a Books a Million.I'll have to check this out and post back any info.Peace
hey now,I'll save myself the trip to Ft Myers since the site does not list anyone in SWFL carrying FDM.That would be the two largest around our areaB & N and BaM.Peace
FDM said:
I believe virtually every Books a Million has picked us up. Could be you went in before they'd stocked? Would you let me know what you find if/when you check back?

mr ed said:
hey now,I checked in at our local Books a Million the beginning of Feb and no such luck at finding a copy.Stopped at the customer info desk to inquire about the possibility of future handling of FDM,no luck.What states are carrying FDM,I'm in Florida and live about a mile away from a Books a Million.I'll have to check this out and post back any info.Peace
I went to to store just on the off chance that the bookseller I talked to was wrng. They were. I now have a nice copy that I have been reading. I now just need to get the back issues.

FDM said:
B&N on Beckey Rd in Battle Creek IS one of the dealers carrying FDM. Not all stores are as efficient at placing and updating magazines, but that one is on our list! Check the front page of our site, our top story has a link to a list of hundreds of the locations carrying FDM.

John Sturtevant said:
I called the local Barnes and Nobles today here in battle Creek and they don't carry it!:( They said to check back. Ah!!!
Would you know if the B&N or hastings in Topeka Kansas is carrying them?
The B&N (6130 SW 17th St. Topeka, KS 66615) is on the list. I'd imagine Hastings does, too, cos' we're in about every Hastings store. If you go check please let us know :)

LSDiscs-Neileo said:
Would you know if the B&N or hastings in Topeka Kansas is carrying them?
And everyone, in case you missed it in our news story (our site), we're asking you to submit a digital pic of you at the newsstand with FDM. We'll be posting the pix and each week we're going to randomly select one from that week and send out a nice FDM prize pack!

Make sure to include your name and the store name and city/state and anything else you think we'll find interesting.
Hey Rich,

Any Western Australian newsagents/bookstores picking it up?

Thanks.
Found my copy at Hastings in Russellville, Arkansas!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968