www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone recently bought a star firebird?  A couple of weeks ago I lost mine.  It was a very useful tool in my bag, and I must replace it.   I've had mine for probably 3 yrs. or so.  The firebird I lost had a super flat plate on it and flew awesome.  I am wondering if anyone knows if the star is still be produced in a flatter top.  I know molds can change over the years, and I bought a new champion firebird and it was domey (not the same).  I may have to breakdown and spend 30-40 bucks on an old climo 11x.   Thanks for any help!

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might have to get in to a shop and visually inspect your firebird prospects...or sometimes the innova factory seconds online Store has limited releases of old molds...or there is always fleebay for older stuff...or you could do what i did and switch to predators. Especially once the new titanium comes out! (<----pure winter induced cabin fever speculation, but I am pretty sure it will break in after two throws and never lose its "sweet spot")

Heck they can change day to day. If you can go to a local store. It's best to just check them out in person.

Yeah buy local! I have had about 3 out of 20 flat-topped in my store last year, kept a few for myself too..if I'd have gotten more I might have shared the love but man they just can't make them properly anymore. 11x is too stable, good for many shots, but it isn't a straight-up replacement for what the flatter star firebird can do.

I am a BIG Firebird fan. I carry 3 of them in my bag at all times. Just got a 'Factory Second' Firebird and it quickly went to the top of my rotation. That would be my recommendation,... that or buy a used beat in one. I got red custom dyed one I'd be willing to part with possibly...

It is not too hard to turn domey tops into flat tops.  I've often done it accidentally while heat setting dye. 

I used to throw a Star Firebird and it was my go to wind disc. About two years ago I started changing up all of my discs and the Star Firebird got pulled from the bag. But recently I realized that I didn't really have a go to wind disc in the bag anymore so I bought an ESP Predator. I am impressed! I threw it the other day in some very heavy winds and it performed great. Not to say that you should throw out your Star Firebird, but a Predator is worth a try. It is the first Discraft disc I have purchased in probably ten years and it is staying in the bag.

Do you have any flat ones left in stock?  Your store is only about a hour and half away.  I could make a day trip out of it and hit some of the courses up in the area.  I'm liking this idea:)  I'd just have to wait for the store to open back up.

trade or sell?  I am interested.

trade would be cool. Usually selling it just isn't worth it.

Might wanna try one with an event stamp on top.. That could flatten the disc out.

I have seen a lot of X-Out Champ Firebirds in a slightly gummy old flat top model at DTWorld. I'm sure with a phone call to them them they could hand pick you one right from the bin.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968