www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A "star gummy Rhyno" is being offered as a fund raiser disc in my area. I'm not familiar with "star gummy" plastic. Does anyone out there have one of these already? Can anyone describe "star gummy" plastic? Is it super floppy? Flat or domed?

Thanks!
Matt

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really Flexable !!!!
I like the sound of this disc. I hope whoever is selling it considers selling some on the Flymart here, after it launches next week.
Never heard of Star Gummy. Maybe somthing similiar to the ESP FLX plastic??
gummy innova disc are great lot's of grip i have a gummy t bird i love
I don't think there is an acctual "Star Gummy" I know me and some of the people I throw with look for discs that have sort of a "give" or a bit more "flex" to them. Sounds crazy, but you pick up a hanfull of Champ. or Star plastic and you'll find some that are more plyable AKA: Gummy. Now there was some early Champ. plastic that people called gummy plastic.
I never had one, but i want one!!
Rescue said:
I don't think there is an acctual "Star Gummy" I know me and some of the people I throw with look for discs that have sort of a "give" or a bit more "flex" to them. Sounds crazy, but you pick up a hanfull of Champ. or Star plastic and you'll find some that are more plyable AKA: Gummy. Now there was some early Champ. plastic that people called gummy plastic.

Ya, I know what you mean. I had an old Champ Rhyno that was kinda creamy and flexible with a super flat top. I could crush that thing and it would hold a perfect line. I was hoping this "star gummy" stuff was similar. Donny says that they are "really" flexible, though. Have you thrown one of these, Donny?
Your wrong resuce. Innova makes Star and Champion Gummy plastic. I had a Kite that I bought because of the Star Gummy. I sold it cause Kites suck but the plastic is awesome. Very Durable and very gummy yummy. Gummy disc have to be hand tooled so they cost more to make. Also they last forever and that would put Innova out of business. Search disc golf gummy on ebay. There is a stare gummy Roc listed for 300 bucks. They only made a hand full. Star and Champion Gummy is real and once you touch it you will be in the know.

Rescue said:
They made the Champion Ryhno's in gummy as well.

Matt said:
Rescue said:

Ya, I know what you mean. I had an old Champ Rhyno that was kinda creamy and flexible with a super flat top. I could crush that thing and it would hold a perfect line. I was hoping this "star gummy" stuff was similar. Donny says that they are "really" flexible, though. Have you thrown one of these, Donny?
Thanks for the responses, guys. Can't wait to receive this disc. I just hope that they have nice flat tops like my old Champ one used to have instead of the big domes like I've seen on FLX Challengers.

BTW the discs are fundrasiers for the 2009 nebdisc.com tour. So we Nebraska residents will get the first shot at these. I don't know how many were ordered or what they plan on doing with any extras after they stop taking registrations. I'll let you all know if there are any leftovers being sold.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968