www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you have'nt thrown this disc yet you must. It flies like a monarch that just took a hit of crack. it's rated 13,5,-4,2.

Views: 669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since you went there:

How about a disc called the Romulan.  Although, developing the cloaking device feature might prove to be a little problematic. Also, a Borg disc would never get PDGA approval due to its cybernetics.  However, I do feel that “Ferengi” might not be a bad name for a midrange, but you would always be tempted to trade it. 

Ok, I’ve geeked out on Star Trek enough for now back to work.  

i like the sound of what you all are saying. This could be a good disc for me
Thats some funny shiznit right there.....
I can't wait to try one of these out
I bought a 162 gram.  It started out slightly stable but after hitting a dozen trees it is quickly becoming flippy.  Maybe the heavier weights would be more stable.  I definitely like it though.  I only through in the lower 300's typically and I am getting some good distance with it.  I throw it with a slight hyzer and it flips up and gets a nice S curve.  It always wants to come back because of the +2 fade.  I had a Star Katana also but that was more stable than I was looking for.  Also The Vulcan seems more controllable than the Katana.  Overall it is a great disc for less powerful throwers as advertised with decent control even at the 13 speed.

The Champ monarch has the same flight pattern but for some reason is way more stable than the Vulcan. I throw both, but I am having the same sitch with the Vulcan, increasing weight to see if that can control the flippiness. For fun i also throw a 150g Champ Leopard that I can really crank on, give a try in DX to see if you like how that works.

well of course they fit in a box, any thing will fit in a box big enough for it

My first disc purchase ever was the Innova DX starter pack which included a 150g Leopard that is still in my practice bag.  If I throw it RHBH with just the right touch I get a nice long flight. Otherwise it flips and dies fast, or if I release with the nose up at all then it stalls and fades left fast. Not a disc I would recomend for anyone but a total novice. However, I just purchased a 177g Star Leopard and what a sweet disc. Actually it’s flight pattern is identical to my 172g Opto River and in practice both discs land closer to each other more often than any other two discs I throw. 

I have a 172g Opto River as well, definately a go to disc that I will be purchasing a couple backups discs for so I'm never out. I have been having so much fun just messing around with the Leopard at 150 that I hadn't given any thought to a heavier weight, interesting.
Just tossed it (once) for the first time in a foot and a half of snow and was impressed by it's speed and distance, though very flippy, it still went 300+ before it got caught up in the TOP of some trees before it even began to fade out.
everything flips for you ben, duh! common knowledge...
This doesn't sound like a disc I'm going to buy. I'll throw it if one of my friends has one, but that is about it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968