www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you have'nt thrown this disc yet you must. It flies like a monarch that just took a hit of crack. it's rated 13,5,-4,2.

Views: 702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yeah, I love the Flow, killer disc from a killer company.
I can't throw the Vulcan with any consistency.  I only tried the first run star plastic, perhaps subsequent versions are different.  It definitely goes far but where will it land?  On a flat throw, it can't handle a lot of snap either without going into a perpetual anny.   I am not a big arm.   For me, First Run Nukes or Lemon Lake World's Star Katanas fly the farthest and land somewhere predictable.   BTW, if anyone has any 170-171 Lemon Lake World's Katanas for sale, I am a definite buyer.
I'll check the weight on mine, I have an orange x-out lemon lake katana.  You're right, they're way better than the stock run star katanas.
The Vulcan is definately not for everyone, just super noodle arm puss*'s like me. Send me all you Vulcan's and i will dispose of them for you. Hehehe
You have to learn how to throw Speed Flick method with a Vulcan. To much power and it will turn over.
What the heck is "Speed Flick method" ??
I'm definitely interested.
I'm also curious.

Donny,

Inquiring minds want to know what is a "Speed Flick Method"?

I had no plans for getting a Vulcan as I already had a Lemon Lake Katana and had used that disc quite well. I had also purchased an Echo Star Katana but I wasn't using that so much so I traded it for bowling and beer (my friend lost it almost immediately). So I had a spot in the bag and decided to try out a Vulcan. I was simply quite impressed with the speed of the disc. Pretty easy to control and I like it for tail wind shots. So for now it has earned a place in the bag.
Threw the Vulcan again yesterday and was simply impressed. I easily got a lot of distance with very little effort. It also didn't turn over to the point where it would not come back. A couple of other guys in the group were trying one out as well. I think that it just might become my "go to" tail wind disc. Fast as $hit! I even managed to throw it into a bit of a head wind without issue. It is definitely staying in the bag.
1st Run Pro Vulcan is out now. Got one on eBay today. Anyone throw the R-Pro Vulcan yet? LESS stable than the Star Vulcan?????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968