www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you have'nt thrown this disc yet you must. It flies like a monarch that just took a hit of crack. it's rated 13,5,-4,2.

Views: 668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are readily available in lighter weights.  They advertise that it is the 13 speed driver that has the lightest weights available.
You can get R-Pro Bosses even lighter than that... I think down to 130 or possibly even lower.
yup 130 class bosses are fun

At dps sold out in one day.

Need to order more.

Yep!! I got the last one!!!  Sweet disc out of the Box.....just a dot!! squinted to see it. The real test will be it's longevity.

Link to Star Vulcan.

Flips up and glides nicely. Fast. Similar to seasoned Star Katana...

Link to Star Vulcan.

another star vulcan...

I have a 169g Monarch that I absolutely love, it is a very workable disc. Thrown flat and hard it will do some wierd crap, but I rarely throw it hard and flat.

Last week I bought the Vulcan, also in 169g thinking it would fly the same as the Monarch but with a little more distance. I was a little wrong, but I was a little right as well. Thrown hard and flat results in a shot that dives right at 100-125' and becomes a roller. I find i really have to hyzer it quite a bit to get the results that Innova is professing, and it is very Monarch like, but with really nice distance.

I think I will make another run at this disc in a heavier weight to see if that imporves its thowability.

Too flippy!!!!!! 

Seems logical to me captain.

equotes.wetpaint.com/page/Spock+Quotes

I'm waiting to see the graphic on the DX version of this disc.  Will it be a Olympian God hammering at an anvil or a pointy eared alien from Star Trek? I doubt that there are any licensing issues with the Greek God's image. They could have used the Greek name Hephaestus for clairity but it’s not a very memorable name.

I personally would stay away from the Star Trek themed discs.  I have enough problems with my discs wanting “to go where no man has gone before.” 

I have to admit that the image of the crippled Roman/Greek God of Industry doesn’t inspire visions of flight.  I would have thought Mercury/Hermes would be a better choice for a god to depict a fast disc.  There are some other Greek Gods whose names would work well for golf discs.  I would avoid Hades, Hestia and Hera as names due to the nature of those Gods.  Hades and Hera are often depicted as negative forces and Hestia is the virgin goddess of the hearth, not real disc golf types.

However, if Innova comes up with a Dionysus disc, I will be first in line to buy one. 

I'm waiting for the Klingon to come out. It will be a putter for sure.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968