www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Thinking about getting this disc...is there anything you guys can tell be about it?

Should I get it?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yea, it's an overstable disc, once one breaks it in, it does have a tendency to turnover, but it's an amazing disc, you should really consider investing in one of those
I have a z nuke and really like it
btw i throw right hand back hand
Strong head wind disc, will do the same thing everytime, I just picked up my second one after aceing with my first. Xcal is a disc you want in your bag. Once broken in it should stand up for a bit and still come back.
one of my personal favorites, though I throw champ plastic...I use it backhand and forehand...

very overstable until broken in then it will flip a bit for you, but it's always a wind killer...

hyzer shots w/ this disc will carry and get more distance than you might think...
About the Star XCaliber-
The XCaliber is for those who have got to have the biggest and the baddest. Extremely fast with glide and stability. The XCaliber achieves maximum distance when thrown low, flat, and hard. This is the one for confident bombs in windy conditions. The XCaliber has the stability to let the biggest arms throw with full power. If you have a cannon for an arm, you'll want an XCaliber. Great disc for sidearm throwers and those with lots of power. It can handle headwinds and throws with off axis torque. This disc has a larger learning curve for beginning players as it requires heavy torque, snap and spin to perform.

I have a star bottom stamp and it is a great wind disc, great side arm, and great for distance if you need a hard hyzer.
I've had a yellow max weight one since about the middle of '09 and it has done me well for overhands, sidearm, and windy days. It is nice and seasoned now and works really well still. If you're looking for one disc to perform like I mentioned this would be a great option for you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968