www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a 2 month player  and I am finally getting a few of my disc to turn, I throw lhbh and the turn left and fade right. This only happens with my valkarie and my advenger ss  .Love how it looks but should I move up to  a higher speed disc?  or play the turn? I know this sounds dumb to most of you but I am new at this. But I sure LOVE it cant get enough.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could also give them a touch of hyzer to counter the turn, that way they'll flip up to flat and just cruise on a laser line.

Those are two good discs for a beginner so I think that you should stick when them.  Plus that left then right fade (or "S" as I like to call it) gives you the most distance. Once you start to get the power and snap to where they dont come back right then you'll want to get a new disc.....

PS if you throw into a headwind your disc is going to tend to stay left longer.

Before you bump up your speed. I would suggest a more stable disc 1st, maybe an Orc ? but I'm not sure what the next stable disc is after the Valk. Remember, speed has to do with your abillity to throw that disc. If you go up in speed, but can't produce the speed needed to make the disc fly the way it's suppose to. It will act more overstable that it really is. Check out Mrshall Street's disc chart. It has all the companies for the most part and it's fairly accurate.
Those are definitely great discs to start with.  Orc is a good suggestion, that's how I progressed.  Valk, Orc, Wraith and now I'm throwing the Katana.  The charts definitely help as well.  Marshall Street's and Joe's are solid references.
thanks for the replys  I am trying to get more consistent glad to hear I am using the right disc.  I will keep at it.
I throw LHBH as well and this is the exact flight you want your disc to have! Unless you have to throw a hyzer shot then you might want to bump up ot an ORC or Wraith but if we are talking open field distance left to right is what you want ! Once they hold left and don't fade back then you want to either go to a heavier weight (if possible) or go a bump up on the speed scale.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968