www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Howdy All,

Do any of you know if there are statewide bag tag leagues where you live (or anywhere else for that matter)? I am contemplating starting one in New Mexico and would like to know if there is a successful precedent I can emulate.

Thanks in Advance.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out the Green Mountain Disc Golf Club in Vermont.
Thanks Mike, I'll check it out...

The Alaska Disc Golf Association has statewide tags.  It helps that the vast majority of the State's players live in Anchorage or on the Kenai Peninsula.  

http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/Alaska_Disc_Golf_Bag_Tag_Chall...

Here in Montana we have had a state tag for a couple of years and its always fun to see how you do against other clubs throughout the state, and all proceeds go directly to the club that is holding the season ending State Championship Tournament.  Not only can you see how you hold up against other players, its a great fund-raising start each year.

State bag tags in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Southern California has bag tags for our part of the state as well.  

In WI really? What is it called and who runs it? Pretty active on the WI disc golf tour and havent heard of this so please fill me in.

Down south we have SN tags (southern nationals) that range from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, and Tennesse. It works out great cause you can take a road trip 3-4 hours away and still play for tags.
Gentlemen, Thank you for the information on the state tags...would you be so kind as to supply me with weblinks to rules, policies, and other documents?
The link on my post above includes all the ADGA ground rules for our bag tags.

Kansas runs bag tags as well; you can probably get some info on the KDGA forum.  they play for them in KDGA events, leagues and even casual when agreed upon. www.kansasdiscgolf.com

I'll be sure to post our policies and rules shortly after they are developed.
Let me know if you need any help.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968