www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

RIVERSIDE DISC GOLF COURSE, Sumner, WA (part of Pierce County Disc Golf ) was relieved of SIX BASKETS the night of July 30, 2010. We're asking for your help in keeping your ears and eyes open for any "new" baskets that may show up in your area. By all means, call Todd Bates 253-222-7838 or the Pierce County Sheriff directly at 253-798-4721 (#1) with any information. I understand there's probably not much we can do but this is a hard hit for us and we need to do all we can to prevent this from occurring again..... at our place AND yours.
Thanks so much, ~Vicki Bates

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This seems like an ugly trend lately. Honestly, what are these people going to do with them? All you can do is hope that they slip up or a friend feels guilty. Get the word out as much as you can. See if you can get it on the news. Post up some signs. Don't give them any place to hide. Maybe a neighbor will see someone suddenly put a basket in their backyard.

We had a basket stolen one time and it was found later in a field. It truly sucks because of the high cost of baskets.
It is!! The Steilacoom, WA course has had five stolen since December. I believe they actually recovered two of them.... one for sure.... people were talking about it and a week or so later the baskets showed up at the course again! The sad part is, if they'd get involved with the clubs, they would have all of the support they could want. Setting up a new course, or purchase new baskets - whatever - if they needed them that badly!
I wonder if there is any way that you could take out insurance on baskets. Probably not since it's public land and that would be the responsibility of the City.

Anyway, just keep getting the word out.
Man, sorry to hear that you guys. That sucks! On anther note. It's kind of cool to see you guys on this site. Too bad it's for this reason.
Tell Todd I said hey! and hope to see you guys in Sept.

P.S. it's Rick ;)
I wish you the best of luck in gettin your baskets back. If that happened at my home course I would be devastated. I hope you find em!!
Oh hey Rick! I didn't realize you were on here! =) We're contacting different media resources as well, trying to get the word out. Take Care!
Perhaps pictures of the baskets shown to your local scrap dealers might help in some recovery.Notifying your local school system for info likewise.Best of luck
Thanks, That's something we hadn't even considered. We'll be doing that tomorrow.... fortunately I'm a photographer so I've got photos of all of them! =)
on a humorous note,pictures on the back of water/sport drinks.."have you seen this basket.."used for missing children on milk containers back in the 80's.
dye fund raise with picture of basket{s} might help with funds for replacement.."mbat.. missing basket alert tourney"
i hope u find them, but if not then "may the disc golf Gods reign down fury on those who stole them!!!!!"
guys who stoled baskets,,get your girlfriend who has ajob to buy you one,..or give up ganja for a month and use that money to but one
to the guys who stole baskets,..dont you guys get unemployment checks,..buy or make a basket

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968