www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Out of respect for other players who may have a good round once in awhile, if a player has a PDGA #, please stop calling them baggers.  I signed up am 3 for a tournament in November.  My rating right now is 900, but with my last few rounds being in the 800s, and one in the 700s my rating will be below 900 for sure.  within a few minutes of my signing up for the tournament someone wrote a message to me calling me a "true bagger."  I am offended by this term because I have never won a tournament at Am 3, and came dead last, or near last for all Am 2 events. I just want to play in a division with people at my own ability.

I understand if someone does not have a rating, but the name calling needs to stop. 

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah it is for sure. It sucks paying top dollar to enter a lower am division that fits your abilities only to get your ass stomped by someone throwing back to back 950+ rated rounds. It is disheartening, in fact the couple times incidents like that happened to me, it pushed me out of last cash... what a bunch of crap.

You clearly are not that type. But you have proven that you CAN throw above your rating and even get rated above your desired division....................................................................................
I understand thant, but if my rating was at 925 I would feel better about playing am 2. Since I a at 900 even, and about to drop, I think I still need some more work.
I think if your on the border you should always play the higher division. I played a few am 3 tournaments and the best i did was second. Just yesterday i won a tournament playing am 1. If you play up the worst possible thing that can happen is that you learn somthing for your money and if you shoot a great round payouts are higher.
I say play up and push yourself. Who cares if you came in dead last or near last in AM2. Next time go out and shoot a few strokes better and you will be farther up in the pack. The week after shoot a few better still. If you aim low you will play to that level. If you aim high you will play better (don't want to say that you will play high).

The point is that "bagger" is just a word. If you let words bother you then you will never develop your talent. If you take that as motivation, well who knows what's possible.
The point of the thread is that the term bagger is not a positive term, and even if we mean it as a joke, it would be nicer to just Congratulate them on their good round.
Bagger.............just joking. I agree though, totally.
if your at 925 you are an advanced level player not int. a 900 rated player should never play rec. a 900 rated player is a stroke and a half from advanced. In rec you can have a bad day and cash. You can't have a bad day and still cash in int. Its more rewarding to cash in int then in rec plus it is bigger also. I really want to move up to int but because of the point series in my state half the int are adv level players and so on. I will move up in November. You will learn more with better players.
I wish I was good enough to be called a bagger LOL You should blow them off and just enjoy the game
It IS a compliment. If someone has to be jealous of your ability, be proud.....
and move up bagger.
And my wife doesn't understand why I like taking a beating in higher level play. Nothing like learning from people who CAN play that high.
I am split on this... first, if I were to ever be called a "bagger," I know I am playing well, which I normally do not do so hot with. second, if I knew I was playing at level beneath my ability, I would not be offended by being called a "bagger" because I would know I am playing just to win... BUT, I can say that I really try to play a level above where I am realistically because learning from the ones a step ahead can only help. I am 34 and not getting any younger... gotta improve fast...
How many times have I heard the bagger calls when they announce the winners at the end of a tourney? Lots. It really is a compliment because people are joking around, recognizing your talent and if you win all of the time gently giving you a nudge up the ladder. Only you will know when it's time to move up. This game is truly a game of patience and you learn as you go. How old are you anyway and how long have you been playing? I just turned 50 and I've been playing for a good 15 years now. I have had to recognize that being patient and making smart decisions will help you in the long run.

In league when we play singles we have two pools, A pool and B pool. B pool is pretty much for the beginners. I always play A pool but I have never taken any money in it. However, I have been playing so long that playing B pool would be like trying to shoot for a mediocre round and I refuse to do that. I play A pool and just go out to see how well I can do and how close I can come to the best players. Who knows, maybe one of these days I may just have a great round and take home some cash. But that is not why I play the game. I play the game to go out and have some fun, make some great shots and compete.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968