www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Out of respect for other players who may have a good round once in awhile, if a player has a PDGA #, please stop calling them baggers.  I signed up am 3 for a tournament in November.  My rating right now is 900, but with my last few rounds being in the 800s, and one in the 700s my rating will be below 900 for sure.  within a few minutes of my signing up for the tournament someone wrote a message to me calling me a "true bagger."  I am offended by this term because I have never won a tournament at Am 3, and came dead last, or near last for all Am 2 events. I just want to play in a division with people at my own ability.

I understand if someone does not have a rating, but the name calling needs to stop. 

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bagger
Didn't you beat me the last couple tournaments... ;)
I was just poking fun. But yes... yes I did, and I hope to continue to do so ;)
Don't let'em get in your head dude.Turn it around and use it as motivation.
I just feel like it prevents me from playing a great sport with a group of people. It makes it so I am just playing to defeat people.
I have only been called quote bagger by one person and I think he is joking because he probably said it 20 times during the round. I have never won a rec tourney. I did win one tourney in junior. I usually finish top 3 on a good day last cash on a bad day. I have a ratting of 885 and my last rec tourney will be in October. I had two 923 rated rounds and a bad rand of 858. I will move up just a tad. play rec until you consistently finish top 3 or win a tourney with a field of 10 or more in your division.

if you can have a bad day and still cash it is time to move up. that my moto. I believe I can have a bad day and still cash so I will move up after our state championship. so if you can have a bad day and still cash then move up if not then your fine.
ps your 700 rated round will be dropped.
A bit off topic, but how does that work? I heard about low ratings dropped, but no one ever been able to explain to me the actual rules.
it is 100 points below your rating or 2 deviation points.
Ah! Thank you
The thing is. You might not fall in the "bagger" group, but lets face it. There are some REAL baggers out there. Also, I think you have to decide how it was used. When I would play with my buddies. They would give me several strokes due to their higher level of play. Well, I finally beat them one day. So the bagger term got thrown around, but it was all in fun and we all had a good laugh. To me it was no big deal.
It was not at all used in a friendly manner. I think I have grown tired of the word in general because it is thrown around so much.
Beat me to it Eirik

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968