www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Out of respect for other players who may have a good round once in awhile, if a player has a PDGA #, please stop calling them baggers.  I signed up am 3 for a tournament in November.  My rating right now is 900, but with my last few rounds being in the 800s, and one in the 700s my rating will be below 900 for sure.  within a few minutes of my signing up for the tournament someone wrote a message to me calling me a "true bagger."  I am offended by this term because I have never won a tournament at Am 3, and came dead last, or near last for all Am 2 events. I just want to play in a division with people at my own ability.

I understand if someone does not have a rating, but the name calling needs to stop. 

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you want em to quit talking smack, improve your game & move up.
Or, if that doesn't work for you, just remember this:

Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me
or
I'm rubber & you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me & sticks to you.

Good luck to you!
GOOD UP!
Sweet !!!! :)
I want one !!!
donnyotime@yahoo.com
I want one in SAND color!
Anyone who plays in any other division except OPEN is a bagger..... Basically, that is the only way you can expect to avoid the risk of being called one. There are no baggers in the Open division.... Baggers only exist in the Am divisions and it is a real bag, I mean drag....
It seems to me when the name calling hurts is when it's true! Not saying that it is true. If it's not then let them have their fun, I do not think it's ever meant to be more then fun...

But there are for sure real Baggers out there...
my rating is rec still, i pondered playing rec this past weekend. i played intermediate instead. had i played though, i would have won my first tourney, as my overall score was 4 strokes better. glad i didn't, would have been called a bagger as the guy who won it was repeatedly called that during his speech.
hell if a bagger means i beat you by several strokes then my work is done
We might have a few screws loose in 24 Chains, but bagger has become a word of endearment. And I will never stop calling people baggers.
Bagger

If you sign up for MA3 with a 900 rating, people will talk.

I played a tourney where the top 2 finishers in REC shot under par, and would have taken 4th & 5th in Open.

They said that even though they had been playing for 10 years, they had never played a tourney, so they entered "Novice".

Your game should dictate your division.

It sounds like you were where you should've been.

Don't fret about what other's say.

DG has more polo-shirted haters than I really believed possible when I started.

I wish I could wave my hand & put "hippie" values back into the game.

But it seems "ball" golf is most folks "role model" regarding today's DG. (Cliques/Behind Your Back/Country Club Mentality)

How many cats have you run across that take this chit TOO SERIOUSLY?!?

Too many IMO.

I like to encourage & praise my fellow competitors.

Stay on the up my man.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968