www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been playing quite a bit recently and there is this one strange thing that keeps getting me. I have this throw that doesn't quite make sense. I putt with my thumb on bottom, forehand style. does anyone know what this kind of putt is called? The closest thing to it is the tomahawk grip, but that is thrown overhand. I'm not sure wether or not to change it, because it flies straight and will anhyzer or hyzer with semi-surgical precision. The only two things I need to work on are releasing it, and speed control.

The attached pictures are of my grip.

Views: 5

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's just a thumber grip...you're just throwing it flat and level instead of overhand with a lot of power ....or the way I use it....very rarely ...as a finesse "thumb" roller. I don't think I've ever met anybody that putted with that for real...I do know A guy who struggles with his putting style and has tried that...but without much success.
OK I guess. Are there any alternatives I should get in the habit of practicing?
Watch the discraft putting video.
The most common style is "inline".
Got it. I guess I'll start learning backhand too.
As far as I know this putting style does not have name. I have only met a very few who put this way. It can be very deadly. FRANK is the best at it. (it probably has a name in Ultimate Frisbee, but is definately not a traditional thumber grip).
well then, I'll make a note of that.
are you putting with the disc upside down?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968