www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was talking to a vender at work who I discovered was a disc golfer, he was telling me about a friend who he was playing with, his disc went in the O.B. area and he went in after it. when he found it he found the disc being mauled by a large black snake, the snake decided to chew on the disc for a while. if you have had any strang incounters or funny things happen during your outtings lets us know thanks.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have had several of my discs mauled by cactus. If you throw a soft enough plastic in to a live cactus, the spines go straight through and get stuck in the disc. Not very fun to remove seeing as I don't usually carry a pair of needle nose pliers in my bag.
sounds like you need a full body guard to play with you thanks for the story
One of the funniest things I ever saw was between rounds relaxing at Joe Davis State Park course in Lewiston, NY in '86 or '87. Someone flicked a cigerette butt on the ground and a sea gull walked up to it, looked at it, picked it up in it's mouth from the filter and walked away with it still lit!!!!!! He musta been Jonesing!
lol, that's a funny little story! Where was this and what kind of snake did he think it was? I'm thinking this was in FL somewhere and it sounds like one of those introduced anacondas, lol. I have noticed that wildlife seems to be very curious about these flying discs, esp squirrels! On numerous occassions I've had squirrels come running over to a disc that has just landed. I can only imagine what they must be thinking!
are is more of a pain then funny but dose look funny. we have mississippi kites at are course and on hole 8 they have two nest right above the basket, with a bike path i'd say about 20 to 30 feet away, when you get with in 30ft of the basket they like to dive bomb you from behind its hard to watch for them and putt at the same time, they can get pretty close to your head, the funny thing is the people on the bike path look at us like where crazy ducking up and down up and down, the birds dont mess with you if your on the bike path.
funniest thing ive ever seen was at the sun valley open last year in San Diego were this guy on my card was throwing on a hole were its rite next another fairway... he tees off and shanks it pretty badly... and about 45ft away someone is throwing in the other fairway and the two discs collide in flight during a tourney... both groups didnt know what to call so we just said retee for both
I live in the tri-state area of Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa, right where all three States meet. In Keokuk, Iowa, where I live, there's a course at a park, Rand Park disc golf course. Me and some buddies were playing a few days ago, and with all of the rain we've had here in this area, we were playing in some pretty muddy places. This one place, my buddy went to plant his foot for a putt, only to have it sink down into mud an inch or two above the ankle. I shot only -1 for the round, but that sight made my day.
We were playing last summer. As we were heading to the next hole we were met by this dude in his 80's walking towards us. Sounds pretty norm, right... not! The thing was, he was only wearing a leopard print thong! Oh it gets worse. Turns out he was just heading over to the water fountain. So as were getting ready to throw or throw up! He comes walking by and sits down on the picnic table next to the teepad. He then begins to break out a beach towel, bends over and throws it on the top of the table. He then does his best stripper dance for us. After that, he does his best Burt Renolds Play Girl pose. MAN, I couldn't keep my food down for days after that! EEEEEWWWWW!
maybe he had alzheimer's. sounds a little too odd
Naw, because he was asking us questions about what we were playing. He new what he was doing.
I had alzanhyzer's once... i forgot how to turn my beast over.
Funny you should mention Kites Tim...I had a couple come play our course from Pennsylvania last month (they were in Amarillo for a wedding). Anyways, they had asked about wildlife to look out for and I tried to explain Mississippi Kites to them. I'm pretty sure they thought that I was full of Sh!t. LOL, those birds don't mess around.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968