www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was talking to a vender at work who I discovered was a disc golfer, he was telling me about a friend who he was playing with, his disc went in the O.B. area and he went in after it. when he found it he found the disc being mauled by a large black snake, the snake decided to chew on the disc for a while. if you have had any strang incounters or funny things happen during your outtings lets us know thanks.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gettinga lot of 'snap' didnt turn out as expected :P
just another water hazzard we all have to contend with while in Florida."mid range gator" playing thru.
local hs cross country team uses the dg course for practice/meets.So we're throwing when along comes a stampede of harriers running towards a disc in flight towards the basket.
Another incident involves an off roading Jeep on the course,disc is in flight heading for basket,hits the windshield an the idiot gets pissed at us.
Armadillos rumbling thru the woods/underbrush makes one ungodly racket,one has to wonder just what is coming at you.
Then there's the gator factor of swimming /sunnying themselves beside the water holes.
Do they let off roaders drive on the dg course, sound like trouble in the making to me. we have very few armadillos in this area most are dead on the road I have just seen 1 alive, I think they just come to missouri to die on the road
No,the park is surrounded with roads and empty plots for homes.
Heh. You must be from New Mexico.
Golf is the only sport where you can miss a 150 ft wide fairway and hit a 3 inch pole
true that, things just seem to have a way of getting in the way dont they.
ahahaha, LMAO........wtf.
"we have mississippi kites at are course and on hole 8 they have two nest right above the basket, with a bike path i'd say about 20 to 30 feet away, when you get with in 30ft of the basket they like to dive bomb you from behind its hard to watch for them and putt at the same time, they can get pretty close to your head, the funny thing is the people on the bike path look at us like where crazy ducking up and down up and down, the birds dont mess with you if your on the bike path." Tim York.

Last week i was pulling my disc out of the baskett on hole 8 at Enchanted lands DGC in Roswell NM when a Mississippi kite dived bombed and hit me in the side of the face about 2 inches from my eye. It hit me hard enough that it almost drove my head into the top of the baskett. I looked up thinking the kite must have injured itself, then i checked to see if my face was bleeding. It sure is hard to putt and look up for dive bombing kites at the same time.
Guys feed the Squirrels at our course daily ! Don't get Bit though !!! :)
Hit 'em. "I wont play golf on your track if you don't run on my golf course".

We have cross country runners at Morley, but they have the sense to run in O.B. beside the course. We also have signs saying No Joggers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968