www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I had a grip lock drive in a well known park in Tulsa OK. I was seeing the disc honing in on a mexican that was grilling some food. I started to yell *HEADS UP* and *FOUR!!!!!* but he did not move one inch. So the disc hit him smack dab on the shoulder blade...*ouch* He did seem a little confussed on why I hit him for no reason. So im my limited spanish I said sorry and he was kind enough to toss my tee-rex back on the right side of the creek. Im just glad he didnt decide to grill my disc. ( if anyone has a better story than that feel free to share)

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We were playing night golf thursday at about midnight thinking we were the only ones in the park when a friend of mine threw a nice waist high shot down hill into the darkness. We were watching the LED glide through the night towards the basket. Then all of a sudden "thwack!" The disc was chopped out of mid air followed by a moan of agony. It was a girl! We ran to the lit disk (still the only thing we could see). As we got close we could make out the silhouette of a man. He starts screaming profanities at us in his boxer shorts as my friend is apologizing, and the girl is scrambling to put her shorts on (as they will soon be the only thing she is wearing). I realize what we had just interrupted, and can't help but lose my composure and start laughing. The guy turns to me and says " you think this is funny?" I turn to look at him (I hadn't looked at his face yet, being a little distracted by the other details of the situation) and said (still in tears) "didn't I clean you out at a poker game saturday?" that made my friend start laughing and we had to walk away after ruining the poor guys night (for the second time in 5 days).
i was playing with my kids years ago and on the first tee it was either my son or daughter held on to the disc and smaked the other one in the lip drawing blood and crying. did'nt even get off the first teepad with out an incident. as adults we laugh about it now
I havent hit a person yet but i did hit a bird in mid flight. That was a sight to see. The bird just blew up. Disc 1, bird 0. Hahaha
Well i do have a story to tell about something i saw. A couple weeks ago at one of our 24 chains league nights we were playing Rolling Hills. I dont remember what hole number it was on but after everyone had putted out one of the guys was in great tought on what he took on that hole. One of the other guys had his putter because he didnt remove it from the basket. He was waiting for him to look up from his thought before he tossed it back. Well he looked up but still in consentration on figuring out what he took on that hole. Well the guy with the disc thought he noticed him with his disc so he tossed it back nailing him square in the nutts. Him being doubled over in pain i had to fight myself from laughing. Still brings a smile to my face thinking back. Lol
This discussion is hilarious! I haven't hit anyone yet (knocking on wood), but after reading all of these stories I will definitely be more careful than I have in the past.
A couple weeks ago I was playing with a couple friends and managed to griplock a disc straight towards the road that runs along hole 1 at Wickham Park, Florida.. It honed in on the only car around about 250 ft away like it had tracking technology.

BAM! The disc slams into the side of the door and we all gasp in horror and I start walking over as the guy climbs out.

"It's a Saturn, dent resistant doors!" he shouts at me, then proceeds to hop back in the car and take off. I was pretty damn relieved to say the least.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968