www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anybody have some good stretches they do before a round? Most of the time the only chance I get to play is right after work, and since it's a highly physical job my arm gets sore about 12 holes in and my shots go to crap. Any advice?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try Yoga and/or Tai Chi.
quit your job, and focus on golf. Just kidding, I have kind of a bum knee and must stretch it out and throw at least a few practice shots before I get started.

do something to warm up your arms before you stretch. swing a stick like a baseball bat or play a quick game of catch. Make sure your upper legs are loose or that can throw the rest of your body out of wack

when i can i like to throw 20 drives before i play   sure helps the game a ton   your warm when you start and it airs out your arm   good for the muscle memory

take a minute or two and search stretches on youtube for your arm, legs, hips, and shoulders. There are some really great videos on there and they will in turn make you feel great while playing and after playing a round.

Here's a GREAT video to watch because it has Liz Carr in it. Oh yeah theres some crap about warming up too. And Liz Carr. You're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6951yrkxY

Liz Carr.

You're getting sore more than likely is the result of using the wrong muscles to get power. Watch Liz throw, the back and shoulder turn cause the arm to follow and snap the disc. She is not using any extra arm muscle.
Play catch with someone before playing.
I go to my cooler and then stretch my arm out and grab a 12 oz. beer. Then I stretch my arm up towards my mouth and deposit the liquid into my mouth. Then I stretch myself out and say "Aah".

Oh dang! I'm stretching all day then!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968