www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey

I am looking for a little advice on how to improve my game.  My drive is a bit lacking (distance) and I would also like to get some better discs.

I guess I am looking for any good online tutorials on how to drive.  I have found some in the past, but I am open to any suggestions.  Something with a video or pictures would probably be best.

My other problem is that I feel the discs I use hold me back.  I don’t have a very powerful/fast arm so I have mainly been using Innova DX or Pro plastics (usually teebirds, starfires, or valkyries).  I usually shy away from the Star or Champion plastic because I can never seem to throw them very far.  Sometimes I wonder if I just need to break them in more.

I am willing to try any type of disc, but I have no idea where I should start.  Any ideas on what discs I should try (I throw backhand, not very powerful, and I have had the most luck with innova DX plastic).  I also have disliked discs that are too slick in the past (probably why I use the DX so much).

I am also clueless on what weight I should go for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, do the steps slow. You don't need to rush through the footwork. Also just work on keeping everything smooth. Good technique will get you distance.
Do you go out to a field to work on your shots? I find field work helps, i can throw 50+ drives in a short time.
yeah

It helps but most of the courses around me have tee boxes that look like terrain found in Afghanistan. They are so uneven, rocky, and swampy that the practice in the flat field seems like a totally different game.
contact the course club and work on fixing them
This is always a good question to ask : I am also clueless on what weight I should go for.

What weights have you tried ?
Drivers 170-174
mids 174-180 and putters 175 is what I do.

But, that is just me. I do not think struggling for distance should equate to lighter discs, because when you begin to throw farther, you have lighter discs that you will flip like crazy and be pissed you did not get something at least 170.
Trying new disc is not a bad idea, but I would say to have someone check your form. If you are not holding, releasing, and have a good arm swing then the best disc in the world won't be of any use. Have a local pro watch your throw and give you pointers on how to improve your from. Or maybe you have some clinics in your area that you can attend. Good Luck
I will try to post a video as soon as the weather clears up
short update

I have slowed my x step way down and have been working on my technique. I have to admit that I am seeing an improvement. I threw much further on a few holes that I never thought I could get a three on. Have to keep working.

Thanks again for the help fellas

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968