www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I stuck a disc in a tree yesterday and it took me a good thirty minutes to get it down. I usually use a baseball to knock them out. Last year I stuck the baseball in a tree and had to buy a new one. Yesterday I finally got the disc out with a large piece of wood. I told my friend that I was going to knock it down and then go home. Sure enough the next throw it came down. Then about a half hour later my friend stuck one in a tree. Both of these trees were barely 20 feet high but both times the disc was wedged in. We ended up getting both of them out.

What do you like to use for extraction? I like the baseball while another friend has a softball. Still yet another friend carries hockey pucks. One person carries a slingshot. I don't like to use rocks because they can come back down and hurt somebody.

I have also used climbing and shaking.

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been using a rubber "baseball" that came with a tee ball set, but I have been thinking about getting a sling shot. Our courses don't get a huge amount of traffic, so I'm not worried about hitting someone. Mostly I'm worried about messing up my discs. Anyone use something other than rock with their slingshot?
I personally use a softball. That is only because while searching for my disc I found one in the same brush. Just curious but when a baseball, softball, or a hockey puck comes back down and hits you do shrug and say that was downy soft. (all credit going to Brian Regan) I found climbing and shaking invites things to fall down your shirt and make you itch the rest of the day till you can go shower.
Golf ball might work...
Good call. I have heard that paint balls work well, but I don't want to have to carry a container of paint balls around with me as well.
Sling shot for me. It works great! Before a round, I'll pick up several small rock and stick them in my bag. It took a little while to get it down, but it works great! It really come in handy for those big thumbers that get stuck up fairly high (not for me since I have no thumber!). I picked up a nice alloy sling shot on ebay for six bucks, but just like the money I spent on the Golden Retriever. It has payed for itself several times over.
I just use a half full bottle of water. If it gets stuck in the tree, no biggie, I have another full one in the bag.

I have seen guys using a metal tape measure. It extends up through branches - plus you can always tell if the disc is over two meters.
i carry a tennis ball and a golf ball which both were found on the disc golf course. doing my part of cleaning up the course and having something to un-stuck a disc.
What works best ?
liter bottle o' water- packs more wallop and doesn't break as often
I carry a golf ball for just such an occasion... Also a Contractor's Tape measure works very well... no throwing required.
lolz
Attachments:
Not downy soft but probably better than a rock. Can't vouch for hockey pucks. Also hockey pucks are black which makes them hard to find when they hit the ground.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968