www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm new to disc golf and have a Archangel DX by Innova at the moment. I'm wanting more distance out of my drive because at the moment I'm only throwing about 270. Remember I've only been playing for about a month. Would you guys suggest a disc for me? Something that doesn't fade too much or have too much spin. Also I plan on buying either a Star or Champion driver this time too.

Tags: Disc, New

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Opto line Vision from Lat 64.
I'm yet to use anything that's not Innova but I'm researching that disc right now and thank you.
Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for! If you could compare it to a Innova dics which would it be?
if your that new and getting that distance already, try a wraith or maybe a teebird.
All along I've had the wraith in the back of my mind. I was just waiting on someone to advice it! I'm about 90% sure that is the disc I will buy. Should I get the champion or star?

I played with Tom Monroe this past Saturday and learned alot of things from him. I shot 4 under and he said I was playing very good to be so new!
I hear the sidewinder is a comparison, but I also hear the Vision is better at hold lines.
DX Teebird is money for a standard driver and a max D driver.
Tom Monroe the coach of the UAB disc golf team told me to buy the sidewinder but the speed is only 9? I really want the wraith but I'm afraid I won't be able to control it.

Right now I'd say it either the Vision or Wraith that I'm down to.
Talk to Tom, he can fit a disc just for you.
I'm guessing you know him? Tom did see me play and knows my problems so I'm sure he knows.
Love the DX TeeBird. I had a great shot with it yesterday. You just have to be prepared to buy 3 or 4 over the course of a summer. Star TeeBird is also a great disc.
I've been told to stay in the 160's for more control so you're right on and thanks for the advice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968