www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We are looking for a list of possible improvements, enhancements, repairs, to make to hudson mills metropark on either of the two courses.
So if you want to make a suggestion please tell us the course, hole and idea.
As our club has some pull with the park we will present the ideas we think are good, feasable or doable to the park.
I have been hearing lots of complaining about paying the Pay 2 Play fees and not seeing anything done on the courses.
The last improvements that come to mind were the new tees we paid for, the nurserys we have started and all the new tees signes on all the holes A3disc Paid for.

Tags: Hudson, Metropark, Mills, Monster, Original, improvements

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) The baskets & chains are old and don't hold discs like they once did, it almost seems like the chains are a little slick like a worn out basketball -- some day, it would be nice to upgrade them -- I believe Blue 17 & 18 are in further disrepair if I remember correctly.

2) Monster Hole 14 Long tees -- it's been several years since the gap to the fairway has been trimmed and one now has to shoot level thru a very narrow gap or go big and high (righty backhand) with anhyzer and with expectation that it hyzers back to the fairway. If it doesn't hyzer back, good luck finding your disc (during the summer) in that shule on the right. The landing area has been considerably opened up which is good and does help but I think a 1000' hole should allow for a direct (level) shot to the fairway. If this was done, you would definitely see more 4s on this hole.

3) I have to say I am a bigger fan of the Champ baskets from Yellow as opposed to the Black tees -- you could add another one to Monster Hole 16 another 150' back or more (where it was placed once for a tournament).

4) Champ 8 -- clear out some bushes behind the basket, they are too close (only about 5-6' away and very dense) -- it's already a tough shot into this basket.

5) Champ 3 -- perhaps the route could be widened a tad between the original basket and the new basket -- right now, it's often a poke and hope shot.

6) IMPORTANT - Do NOT plant bushes/trees and walk away -- new plantings require nurture and care for THREE years -- that means that they have to be WATERED during times of drought. I have lost count of the amount of failed plantings that died due to lack of water on the Blue Course.
Gabe the water was pulled from the course due to vandals from casuals.
the porta potties on the course are all that HM has planned that we know of but we can suggest it to them. We might even offer to pay for a dumping on the weekend after no foolin and DGLO. to help sway them to use it. It would be a fee that a bigger tournament could and should be able to afford.
Rob we are not in any huge hurry maybe by the time league starts or around that time so go play and make a list please!!!
thanks JD i will add all of those to the list, those are the kind of things we are looking for. I am not saying they will happen but will consider them seriously
I think most of those have come up except #1
champ #3 has been discussed a lot in different ways. like do we try to create a way to come in over the swamp? or somehow make the opening down the path/fairway larger.

Thank you for all your input
Garrett we know about the chips we remind the park every fall and late winter to get chips out before the thaw and they don't remember or maybe they don't have staff not sure. Our club maintenance buy is having a cow about it, Tod More.
thanks
what is that all we can get here we need more ideas. i know alot of the locals may not see the general discussions but this will give you a chance to make suggestions. We are not saying they will happen but ideas are always good.
Remember these are ideas to improve the courses not generic stuff that has nothing to do with improvements!!!
replacing the raskets such as #17 original would be a nice improvement!!!!
thanks Pete i think that one is on the list let me know if there are any more raskets out there, you or anybody.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968