www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am going to buy a new bag here in the next week and i need some ideas/thoughts/recommendations on which one to get. I am looking at the:

Innova Competition Bag
Fade Gear Black Hat Bag
Revolution Carolina Team Bag

If you were to pick a bag tell me which one and why. I want to make a good purchase on a product that will last me 3-5 years.

Cheers,
Tony

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Revolution bag or the Latitude 64 team bag.
Both bags cost more , but will last for years. My Carolina bag is going on 2 to 3 years with NO signs of wear. However I do have 2 of them as well as the Lat. 64 bag and rotate them.
Possitives... made of a thick gauge nylon/Codura. Heavy gauge zippers. Carolina bag has a great intenal frame and can hold up to 15 to 17 discs +plus 2 putter. It has 2 large side compartments and a small pouch by the putter pocket for a mini or cash. Able to carry 2 water bottles (opposite sides). Has a rain flap as well. Top quality bag. Much better than the Fade or Innova bag. as for the Lat. 64. The internal frame will only let you carry approx. 15 discs + 2 putters. Without the frame you can carry up to 22 discs. The putter pocket is on the side of the bag and can carry 2 putter and 2 minis. I like it on the side, because it's easy to grab the putter when walking. Has 3 huge compartments and 2 outside pouches. Has only one water bottle holder, but I used the outside pouch to put a 2nd bottle in it. No rain flap, but I don't play in the rain, so it's cool with me. Another top of the line bag. I would say I like the Lat bag a bit better.
Negatives.. Revo. bag.. the opening for the discs is to small. You have to bend your discs to get them out. OK thats it! Not to many Negs. For the Lat bag. The internal frame is lame, but will do. Only one water bottle holder and no rain flap, but I still can fit a water bottle in the pouch and as I said. I don't do rain.
IMO these are the 2 best bags out there. The Gorilla Boys bag is a distant 3rd, but the quality just doesn't come close.
You can't go wrong with either of these 2 bags. It comes down to what you want.. rain flap? storage? or 2 bottle holders..
the revo is top of the line cadillac of disc bags...in my opinion. Fade makes some great products but I'm not sure how they'll hold up over time. the innova bags I've used have fallen apart in less than a year. Money is quality and I think that the carolina team bag is the best bet of those list of three.
get a white carolina.
Sometimes money is just mark-up and profit. Price is no guarantee of quality. Fade makes a superior product at a fair price. The Fade tourney bag is awesome - holds 22 discs and two putters, has two good size pockets and two insulated bottle holders that will hold a 32oz Nalgene bottle (PBA free, of course), two inside zipper pockets, a rain flap with a mesh pocket underneath, a key clip and a cell phone pocket, a towel clip, rings for quad straps, a nicely padded strap, reinforced bottom on the Hat Rack Black bag, a pocket for a mini and two pencils, and an internal frame with two dividers. I love mine - it is strong, durable, very well made and costs much less. Don't pay more for less - compare the features and you'll find that Fade has the most to offer.
Go for the Revolution Team Carolina you won't regret it. Plenty of storage space
I've got the Innova Comp Bag right now, and I'm not in love with the internal frame. It's flimsy and the velcro holding the dividers in place stopped sticking after about three months. I ended up super glueing them in, and so far it's holding. Even stuck together, the dividers are warping inward. That said, it's a country mile cheaper than some other bags. The storage is enough for me, and I can carry 2X 32 oz bottles. I'd wager a guess it's lighter than the others too.
Don't buy an Innova bag, In my experience they are junk, you ever think about The Discraft Tourney bag, I have had mine for 5 years now, It is still going strong, only cost me about $40.
The Innova bag is definitely inferior to the other two you mentioned.....Remember...you get what you pay for....want cheap, disposable...go Innova.

Want quality???...the other 2...each offer that.
Does the carolina have hooks for quad shocks? I cant find any good pics
just got a revo dual pack last week, the quality is incredible plus the weight distribution really helps save ur back compared to a traditional bag, (i switched from a discarrier with innova straps)
Yes, it has hook-ups for Quads. I would go with the Revo for sure! We have three in my family...
Fade Gear. The price and durability are a great balance. I've had a Fade gear for over a year, and there is not a bit of wear on the bag, even through winter play. I do not think you need to pay over $70 for a bag, let alone over $120. Try eBay as well for the fade gear for an even better price. I got mine new for $45 Tourney (psycho color).

There are hooks for quad straps, as well as extra hooks for anything else you would like. As far as quad straps go. Get tool belt suspenders. They can hold more weight, are more comfortable, and way cheaper. I use the Brown Tool Belt Suspenders, and they fit just like the over priced quad straps.
Amazon.com link you can get them for $23 there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968