www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Are there going to be any Super Class events in 2010? There was a moderate amount of buzz in 2009, topped off by the Super Class Nationals, but I'm hearing nothing so far this year.

Is Super Class still a viable division or was it a one-year experiment that didn't catch on? (I'm rooting for the former, BTW)

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We tried to put a unofficial league together here in Daytona....two us were regulars...everybody else chickened out. We'll try again...it's not a lost cause...it's actually a lot of fun...same game different equipment that's all.
They are still popping up: http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=10283 And they are running another one in Fall.
Details just got finalized for the Super Class Nationals scheduled for Oct 23-24 in Virginia. I'm seeing more posts from players who are picking up a Zephyr and enjoying playing Super Class for fun and to improve their throwing skills. That grassroots level of play should eventually build to more events but it could take several years.
Chuck, is this still a Zephyr-dominated class? Are there any new (or upcoming) Super Class discs worth checking out?
Let me answer that....You got three solid discs too chose from....a really light Zephyr....a medium weight Zephyr....and a max weight Zephyr.....

Actually the Hero Super Hero for Super Class isn't bad....but it ain't no Zephyr!!!! Ha!!!
Zephyr dominated primarily due to availability not necessarily function. The Super Hero is a better putter with its rounded edges. The Te Moko from New Zealand may be better than the Zephyr in a headwind, gram for gram, but isn't always available. Some of the distance records were set with 140g Super heros with the left shoulder wind for RHBH.
Speaking of availability....

Are there any online stores that carry a wide selection of Super Class discs? I hate the idea of searching for hours just to find 3-4 basic discs to get started.
Gotta Go has stocked all of them at some point but not sure currently. Finding the Te Moko might be the most difficult.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968