www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I might be missing the boat on this one,but how is slowing the game of disc golf down with these "LESSER DISCS" supposed to do anything but slow the game ,and its growth down. What a waste of energy this is for the P.D.G.A. Maybe there should be an L.D.G.A. (LESSER DISC GOLF ASSOCIATION). Then maybe we could get a free subscription to LESSERMAN comic books with our membership. But then again, some people say that less can be more in some scenarios. But in my opinion, in this case, less is just plain old less. Another example of the P.D.G.A.'s "extra wide lipped "cutting edge approach. SLOOOooow and too careful. LONG LIVE DISC GOLF!!!

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most of Michigan's courses are Super Class worthy more than bevel dicscs, even Hudson Monster. I can't think of a Michigan course with an SSA over 63 for 18 holes and Timber is closed. Leviathan maybe or that ball golf course?
Kensington on the east side or rolling hills, west side big rapids northend riverside would be perfect.
Maybe they should start a "rollers only" class and make everyone happy, or NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuck Kennedy said:
Most of Michigan's courses are Super Class worthy more than bevel dicscs, even Hudson Monster. I can't think of a Michigan course with an SSA over 63 for 18 holes and Timber is closed. Leviathan maybe or that ball golf course?
What are you smoking tonight? That ball golf course had an SSA of 70.2 for 18 holes in it's 1977 temp configuration. I think we tamed it down to about 69.7 in the permanent configuration. http://www.pdga.com/course-ratings-by-tournament?TournID=7244 Oh, never mind. You're saying Leviathon or the ball golf course have SSAs over 63, not that they would be good for Super Class.
I played Super Class on some of the Worlds courses shooting 62 from the longs at Robert Morris. I tried Super Class discs but not for score at Oshtemo and Kimball. Certainly Ft. Custer and Coldbrook will be suitable. Albion would certainly be challenging on at least one hole.
Many of the courses in Michigan were designed as Super Class courses. I started playing Earl Brewer in the late 70's with a 141g Whamo. The course has changed over time but many of the original holes still exist.
We only used one disc back in the day... we had to choose what were going to throw before the round started and stick with it.

jim said:
I guess this means I have to go out and order my new Whamo hat and bag:) Since they are bigger I guess this means instead of 14 discs in my bag, I can now only fit 4:)

Chas Ford said:
Many of the courses in Michigan were designed as Super Class courses. I started playing Earl Brewer in the late 70's with a 141g Whamo. The course has changed over time but many of the original holes still exist.
How about a "rollers only" class that rolls hoola hoops down the fairway and tries to play (putt) ring toss over the basket for par? Steady Ed sure would have found that interesting. Can somebody tell me how I can stop my superball from bouncing so high? It seems to scare people from wanting to play with a ball.
If you think about it, this sport is nothing but luck, finesse, and maturity....I've learned so much this past year that I feel I've gained 5 years in my DG maturity point....of course I wished that I would've been more serious 10 years ago, but oh well....roll with it, the PDGA does what it can, and we also have the UPDGA ( Unprofessional Disc Golf Association ) for those that want to simply roll how they roll
lmao

ken britton said:
How about a "rollers only" class that rolls hoola hoops down the fairway and tries to play (putt) ring toss over the basket for par? Steady Ed sure would have found that interesting. Can somebody tell me how I can stop my superball from bouncing so high? It seems to scare people from wanting to play with a ball.
Some people get too moody over this whole thing. It's just a new class that probably won't get a whole lot of new people. It's a simple concept just like almost all your midrange discs you all own. Bigger disc, means easier to control.

If your going to freak out on the guy that posted the tread, then don't post. He wanted thoughts, not whine and complain about his thread!

The problem with disc golf is not classes. It's people that play the sport that think they are better then everybody else. The same kind of people that claim they drive 500+ feet all the time (when most pros max. out on that, where is your sponsorship then?).

I get what he is saying, seems they are "less" of a disc then new ones that can do more and go faster. BUT I think it will be a good class for something new. New things to a sport usually helps it grow in one way or another.
Speaking of rollers, I played an event one time where I was quite a bit higher rated than the 3 or 4 others in my division. So for a challenge, I committed to teeing off with a roller on every hole of the first round. I still won, but it made it more interesting and tested my roller skills. No need to drive 500. Just play better than the other players. ;-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968