www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone thrown any of the blizzards in the 120's. Ive seen a destroyer as low as 124 g. Wondering how they fly and release at that light of a weight?

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

make sure you don't order online.. the molds are grossly inconsistent. if you buy, make sure you put your hands on it and it actually feels like the disc you're supposed to be buying.

that being said, I have a 131 boss that screams.

128 Katana that barely flips then comes out stable. Kinda scary. Tailwind anyone?

The first run Blizzards had bubbles in the flight plate. Not so with these newer ones.

I got to play a round with the owner of the "Local" disc golf shop the other day. He had a bag Full of LIGHT Weight Blizzards. I think the lowest weight he had was a 133gm, but they were all right around there. 

It was Nutz watching that guy put a 133gm Blizzard Katana on a very smooth, slow Forehand line and just watch it flex and  comeback at the end. Little effort with a great line and great distance! He could definitely make them work. I sure can't, be he could.

For me, all of the Blizzards I've tried in the 130's have been understable.  The name on the mold means a lot less for the Blizzard plastic because there is wild variability from disc to disc.  Everyone in my family is getting added distance with the lighter wide wing drivers but I'm doing best with Bosses in the 150-155 range and Katanas 155-160.  We have about 16 of them right now and we have been passing them around because we all have different stability preferences. 

Played with a buddy this weekend that can't get near my distance. Those days are over, he's bombing a 138g Katana now and says he's throwing a really light one even further. Looks like I'll be ordering some 130's Bosses.

Word, if ya cant beat em join em. These short armers are starting to throw  bombs?! Its time to get me some of these floaters and throw A-bombs.

Yeah these discs do bomb and stay in the air forever. Another thing i noticed is that they will release at the last moment of ur pull through.... If u have had problems w early releases these discs will remedy that.... Great for wooded courses where u have to hit narrow gaps.

The only drawback I saw on the day was that when they hit a leaf on a tree, and I mean 1 leaf, they drop to the ground. On most shots they didn't have any skip in them eith when they faded to the ground. Regardless, with a 130's Destroyer I'm gonna hit 500 feet. Hehehe

So, all these people that are BOMBING the LIGHT Blizzard discs, how are you throwing them????? 

Full power, half power, etc????

I keep hearing that the Blizzard discs are the Shiz for people with LOW Arm Speed. I hear they are Really Inconsistent thrown at High Speed, MOST OF THE TIME.....

The guys I know Personally that can really make a Blizzard work are Low Arm Speed guys. 

I don't think arm speed has anything to do w it. The discs have all different stabilities ranging from the understable katana to the overstable ape. If u have a big arm then throw the boss destroyer or ape and if u have slower arm speed throw the katana teedevil or wraith. All my buddy's and I are throwing blizzards now and getting a lot more distance and control w these discs. I was maxing out at about 350 - 375ft before and now I am throwing a blizzard wraith and katana for about 375 400 ft... W more control and consistency as well. For $14 they r at least worth a try don't u think? ;) Although I must say there is some inconsistentcies in the molds but what else is New w innova. Just know that the domier discs are more stable. Enjoy!!

Iron leaf. I saw it happen to Micah Dorius a few times at the Steady Ed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968