www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone thrown any of the blizzards in the 120's. Ive seen a destroyer as low as 124 g. Wondering how they fly and release at that light of a weight?

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 125 Destroyer that corkscrews. But, it has bubbles on the plate and is VERY flimsy. From talking to all the masters and grand masters at the Masters this past weekend, it seems that hand picking is the best way to go. Desired features are domey, stiff, and not so light that hitting a gnat will throw it off course. They weren't working well at DeLa because the trees have sticky fingers that lighter discs don't penetrate very well. 

By corkscrew do u mean u hyzer flip it and it fades back considerably? That sounds like a good flight. I bought a 128g katana today and it flies pretty stable w a nice flex to it. Havent hit too much vegetation yet but we will c how that goes. U always have ur pros and cons to everything I guess. Sounds like a mix of blizzards and other plastics is the way to go. Thx for the info.

I think what Justin means there Christian is that it flips so hard that it corkscrews through the air like a sky roller.

I threw a 138 Blizz Tee Devil, took about a 90' hyzerflip apex to get the correct helix out of it, but it was huge distance. I don't know where I would throw that line, but it was fun. I'm gonna try Ape, Destroyer, and Boss in the 140's.

@Justin- I've heard the same thing, hand pick for stiff, and with uniform bubble placement off the rim with a nice dome. Even the Tee Devils and Katanas wouldn't be bad thrown at half speed. Discmania has a few discs out now too, the DD2 in the low 160's would be a rocket.

Dookville is right, it hyzer flips into a too tall roller if I throw it more than 75%. However, I think a stiffer, light destroyer might do better. I don't know for sure, because I rarely need max distance so I rarely throw any driver other than the PD or the Leopard. Plus, I can throw a 150 S-PD as far as a 150 Blizz Boss with more control. 

Wow, the DD2 in that weight would be ridiculous. I might have to go on a treasure hunt for some tasty ones.

I've thrown some really light weight PD's, they are fantastic. I think they are gonna do Blizz plastic on the PD's as well, from what Jussi was saying. I have a few 150g DX Destroyers that are nice and stable outta the box. They do become hyzer flip machines real quick though, but seem to stay in that mode for an extended period of time.

Stiff Destroyers and Apes seem to be the most stable. Going shopping this weekend. May try a Katana as well, something I throw control with from a standstill.

Let me know how the ape and katana fly for you and what the domeyness is on them. Curious to know how your big arm will handle the blizzards

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968