www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ive got my left and right disc's, ive got my trick disc's. What I'm looking for now is a nice straight disc. I have a ls and a jls, but they both hook left in the end. Who knows of a nice straight flyer for tight holes?

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Soft Challenger, Z Buzzz, Impact.
Depends on your power. For me it is a discraft Cyclone or a Flash
4U2NV is right, it depends on your power. Look at the flight charts and if your hooking too much at the end, move one model over. I use/recommend...
upshot (50'-150'): Dart
midrange (150'-250'): Spider
fairway driver (250'-350'): TL
max driver (>350'): star Destroyer (NOT pro, which is more stable)

You also have to give the discs some time to break in (I actually use broken in old-mold Beasts instead of TLs)
KC Pro 11x Teebirds are the best for straight line drives... next I would say Discrafts Flash.. Nothing more dependable then an 11x Teebird, thats why I have 5
i've been having a good time throwin a 173 latitude 64 striker, pinner straight with about 5' of left turn at the end . holds whatever line you put it on. sorta like a cross between a teebird and eagle with a little more glide

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/star-teebird-p-62.html?osCsi...
Super Straight control driver "out of the box".
Flies straight, dies straight.
Flips to the right nicely after being broken in.
That said...
A beat TeeBird will act like a TL!
Even an overstable disc will fly straight and die straight if it is properly "broken in" and beat up.
Beat in your LS and JLS and they will end up being your favorite straight drivers.
You have to keep working the different lifespans of the discs in order to have them do what you want.
hawk, laser straight
I'm jumping on the TL bandwagon! I've got 3 (2 star and 1 champ). I disagree with an earlier comment about having to get a max weight (175g) TL if you've got a big arm. I used to throw a heavier one until I tried a 168g TL. A lighter TL could be just what you need. It is very controllable and holds a great line without much of a fade. Just to qualify my statement, I throw my TL 380 ft consistently. I throw a sidewinder/surge/groove farther, but all of those discs turn quite a bit and then fade quite a bit (maybe not the sidewinder), but the TL doesn't turn and doesn't really fade.

My other recommendation is the champ sidewinder. It does turn a good deal, but if you hyzer flip it, you will get a very straight flight and not much fade. Thrown hard and on a good hyzer it is one of the most fun discs to watch fly. Also great for long turnover shots.
Discraft impact : give one line, it will keep it till landing
TL or Viking
Any disc could be a straight flyer under the right conditions. But if you have no wind or a tailwind, TL,and Viking are sweet. The TL only has a fade rating of 1, and doesn't even do that much sometimes with the one I throw. My latest ace was with a TL. I just threw it at the basket, and it went in.
Quest AT ultra long range driver.Crazy straight when released flat.By far my straightest start to finish disc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968