www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I wanted to share with you an upcoming event. Eric Beck and his family as well as other families, including my own, have had to deal/coop with a family member having cancer. The flyer that I have attached has a short story of Eric's Mother-in-Law. She unfortunately wasn't as lucky as my mother who survived lymphoma. The treatments and medications cancer parients need to receive are discovered and sometimes paid for by the American Cancer Society and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With out their help/research I would have lost my best friend/mother.

I meet Eric through the great sport of Disc Golf and I when I found out that he held a charity tourney at his private course every year to raise money and awareness to this horrible disease I wanted to help. This year the toureny is to be held at a public disc golf course. Johnson Street Park in High Point, North Carolina.

I am writing to you today because even though I know that times are very though I wanted to see if anyone was able to sponsor a hole or donate anything within your means. If you find that you are not able we understand. Even if you are only able to just attend that would be even better.

Thanks so much and happy golfing.

Audra Martin
Greensboro, NC

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know Eric and actually learned how to golf at OPR, anyway I play johnson a few times a week what is the tourney date? im def there.
June 20th, its a Saturday.
Wish I could make it. Good luck in everything!
Thanks so much!! We will do all we can.
Best wishes from me

Thanks for sharing

golf clubs
golf sets
Thanks for the great words and wishes
Is anyone else having an issue opening these files?
What is a .wps file? Word perfect? If so, you can save it as a .doc (Microsoft Word) type of file and most people wouldn't have a problem opening them...

Edit...
Looked it up...it is a Microsoft Works Word Processor type of file and Word should be able to open them...although when I tried my computer wamted to search for an online program to open...didn't go past that step...
I hope to make it there but only to watch and offer moral support.
My wife lost her Dad to Lymphoma. She volunteers with LLS all the time. I lost my mom to cancer. We try to do our part.
Good luck, donations are hard to come by lately.
Best Wishes!
okay. I will reformat as a PDF so there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks for the information
Help with Scorecards and those kind of things are always welcome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968