www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I wanted to share with you an upcoming event. Eric Beck and his family as well as other families, including my own, have had to deal/coop with a family member having cancer. The flyer that I have attached has a short story of Eric's Mother-in-Law. She unfortunately wasn't as lucky as my mother who survived lymphoma. The treatments and medications cancer parients need to receive are discovered and sometimes paid for by the American Cancer Society and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With out their help/research I would have lost my best friend/mother.

I meet Eric through the great sport of Disc Golf and I when I found out that he held a charity tourney at his private course every year to raise money and awareness to this horrible disease I wanted to help. This year the toureny is to be held at a public disc golf course. Johnson Street Park in High Point, North Carolina.

I am writing to you today because even though I know that times are very though I wanted to see if anyone was able to sponsor a hole or donate anything within your means. If you find that you are not able we understand. Even if you are only able to just attend that would be even better.

Thanks so much and happy golfing.

Audra Martin
Greensboro, NC

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I did get it. I emailed you yesterday as soon as I saw it when I got home. I LOVE THE DISC!! And the golfers are going to LOVE the DVDs.

Thanks soo much again for the donations and all the support.

Happy Golfin

Audi
The touney is fast approaching and we couldn't be more exited. Please feel free to contact Us with any questions that you may have

Happy Golfin'

Audi
I am so excited. The countdown has started and we are less than a month awat now!!
More to add. Phil and I were in GA for the Disc Golf Hall of Fame Classic and one of TDs/officials gave us a bunch of coolers and koozies with tribute to the new course that was put in at the IDGC!! These items and some items that we purchased in the pro shop there are being added as CTPs!! So to make a long story short THERE ARE A LOT OF PRIZES!!!

Please feel free to contact me or Eric with any questions or if you want to make a donation. Monetary donations are AWESOME TOO!

Happy Golfin'

Audi
Just wanted to say I am very excited about what you're doing.

I'll be in attendance!!!

Trey
Who's gonna be your partner ???
I think Phil and I are going to compete as Team-UNCG
Cool. For some reason I thought that you were bringing your girl. But team UNCG is cool. I can't wait. Are you playing in Horizon this weekend???
She'll be out of town helping out sea turtles on the coastline (its her big summer project). I'm going to my friends graduation on saturday, but i'm stopping by on sunday to watch everyone and hang out.

See you on thursday?
Maybe. I am not 100% I need to work on a few things for the tourney this weekend and I don't like to do that when there is $$ involved.

I really want to win the Teresa King award this year. I played on a bad ankle last year, so I have a lot to make up for.

l8r

audi
I am very happy to announce that the tourney raised $1350!!! We had a great turnout! Lots of people and prizes. Thanks to everyone for all their support. I know I had a blast, even with all the running around.

Thanks again to all
I was corrected by Eric for the total collected for the charity $1500.00

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968