www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I wanted to share with you an upcoming event. Eric Beck and his family as well as other families, including my own, have had to deal/coop with a family member having cancer. The flyer that I have attached has a short story of Eric's Mother-in-Law. She unfortunately wasn't as lucky as my mother who survived lymphoma. The treatments and medications cancer parients need to receive are discovered and sometimes paid for by the American Cancer Society and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With out their help/research I would have lost my best friend/mother.

I meet Eric through the great sport of Disc Golf and I when I found out that he held a charity tourney at his private course every year to raise money and awareness to this horrible disease I wanted to help. This year the toureny is to be held at a public disc golf course. Johnson Street Park in High Point, North Carolina.

I am writing to you today because even though I know that times are very though I wanted to see if anyone was able to sponsor a hole or donate anything within your means. If you find that you are not able we understand. Even if you are only able to just attend that would be even better.

Thanks so much and happy golfing.

Audra Martin
Greensboro, NC

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry for you loss. I am sure you can agree that this is why we do these type of touneys. So far on the donation end we aren't doing to bad and I was informed that Innova is donating a basket!!! And the Flymart has donated some DVDs and we still have over a month to go.
Shoot me an email this week and I'll see what I can do personally and through DGbasics to add some support.

Also I'm interested in making it to the tournament to play as well.

hunter@dgbasics.com
Great I will take care of that after work today!
are we talking disc golf here?
I see links to ball golf stuff
and files i cannot open, what is a wps?
The cause doesn't matter to me i have lost to cancer!
This is a DG tourney, I am going to convert the attached docs to PDFs so that everyone can open them.
Are you able to open the fliers now?
-Audi
Here are the updated PDFs. Please let me know if there is any issues opening either of these.

Thanks for all the warm wishes and great thoughts.

Thanks for everything.

Happy Golfin'

Audi
Attachments:
I am happy to add that Play It Again Sports has donated gift cards and Bart 'Channel Z' Zandstra from the FlyMart has donted some plastic and DVDs too. We are so excited to have all of this support!!

See you at the tourney!

-audi
let me check on some things. I can't make any promises but, let me check.
Not a problem. Please feel free to contact me or Erik with any questions that you may have.
I found out last night that I get the opportunity to golf with some great people evey tuesday night at league. For the am divisons payout is done on a voucher payout to swap for merch of your choosing. However, last night while announcing this tourney some golfers from the am divison that had cashed handed me their vouchers instead of picking out something for theirselves. I was very moved. This tourney means a lot to me and to Eric and to a lot of other people as well.

With these vouchers for club mech I am going to be purchasing star plastic of different molds to give to a friend of mine that does some sick custom dyes. It will be awesome. He is very talented. They will then be used as CTPs for the tourney.

I hope I see some of you there. I know I will be a little scattered that day but please come and say hello if you come.

Lots of Love and Happy Golfin'

audi
I sent a sponser package from my store....get it yet Audi?

Bart Zandstra

www.DiscGolfFlyMart.com

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968