www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been reading differences between the Avenger SS and the Surge SS. I had bought a regular Surge a few weeks ago and I have already traded it for another disc. I throw my Avenger SS accurate, but not extremely accurate. (I have the FLX ESP btw) I've only recently really gotten good control on it. But if anyone has thrown the Surge SS, and the Avenger SS, whats different about the two discs? The Regular Surge I couldnt get it out there to hold a long S. As soon as I let it go it wanted to immediately turn back. I'd like to know if the SS is worth getting, if it might turn back quicker then the Avenger. Are there differences in Glide? Distance..whatever anyone can tell me. I can throw my Avenger 300ft currently but looking to find something that could possibly improve me a bit..All responses welcome, thanks..

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the surge ss will glide more but it is alot more stable than the avenger ss. i tried a z surge ss and didnt like it at all. try getting something like an xl or flash for more stability than the avenger ss.
if you love your avenger, and max out your distance with it, its going to take you a little while to get used to the wider rim of the surge or surge ss. once you do, it'll be worth it. my avenger was my go to disc for a long time, and i still keep one, along with an avenger ss in my bag. but the surge and surge ss have much more glide and are a little faster. the surge ss is a good disc, but i don't have much of a use for it usually. my drives max out around 420 feet, and its usually the surge that gets me there. definitely put the time into getting used to wider rims, they will give you more distance when you do. the reason your surge is acting more stable than your avenger is probably because you aren't getting the same tight grip/snap as you do with the smaller rimmed avenger. all 4 of these discs are solid though. avenger ss is great for sharp, predictable turnovers, and avenger has more control than a surge.
Lotto, you got to throw the Z Surge SS eh? How did it compare to say, your ESP surge stability wise?
Yea I recently bought the XL as well. I love that disc. Took me about a week to really get use to it, but now I can almost always put it right where I want it. Its heavier then my Avenger. I bought the Avenger off the internet and got the smallest gram available. A buddy of mine sells Discraft discs and he always buys the highest gram available. So I can sorta throw the Avenger SS and the XL the same. XL works better for slow fades, while my Avenger will just haul ass down the fairway (if I dont accidently put anhyzer on it) both are my go to Drivers though..
I might try to the Surge SS and give it a go. A buddy of mine just recently found a brand spanking new Avenger and loves it. I am thinking about trying to find one of them as well. I found a Milenium and threw it a few times, loved it, it had the most glide I've ever seen..but on my 4th throw, I lost it and looked for the damn thing for almost 2 hours and couldnt find it. Oh well..I guess I'll try a Surge again when I get some money together. Im only a 2nd year Disc golfer so im still learning alot about my own ability lol. Thanks for the input...
z surge ss great disc. way more predictable than any surge z or esp i've ever thrown. all the speed of a destroyer with the flight of a (valk?) buy the z plastic not flx. never found a flx disc worth a s#@t
Turn back? My Avenger SS would anhyzer and never come back. Even the slightest bit of stank I put on it would turn it over. It ended up being really useful since I needed something to turn that way (still working on my side arm). It was useful all the way up to the time I put it into the water with my most monster anhyzer ever. God, I'm not even answering the question, just bitching...I am soaking up the advice on here about the Surge SS. I agree with you that the surge wont hold an S-curve for a damn though. Straight nuts with a hard fade at the end.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968