www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The surge is my longest driver (no surprise there). I throw pink, orange, and green flx. When I really rip on one though, especially in any headwind, it flips way too hard into the ground. I've been switching to pulses when I want to avoid this, and they work, but don't get that crazy glide the surge does. So I want to try another type of plastic surge...if the z or esp are considerably more stable. Otherwise I want a (discraft) alternative, similar to a pulse but preferably with more glide. Should I stop whining and be happy with my pulse bombs? Maybe I should get used to a Force? My drives are way bigger than they used to be and i'm just not sure the flx surge is the disc to rip on anymore.

Tags: discraft, driver, flx, surge

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just playing at Begg today and it was very windy. My go to driver more and more is any condition is an ESP Crush. I am throwing it just as far and sometimes farther than my QJLS and Avenger SS. With the amount of wind today I was very happy with the distance I got, had a slight high speed turn to the right (RHBH) but always came back.

I started throwing a Z Avenger and it was also very straight though I do not get quit the distance I can get with my Crush. The Avenger for me is definitely more stable, but on hole one at Begg I flipped it and it almost didn't come back, but just landed to the left of the path in bounds.

If I start flipping the Crush I am sure the the Avenger will work.

Seeing you throw though Blaze I would go with the Avenger. You got way more snap than I so it should work for you fine.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968