www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, here is a situation to ponder...

You're new to an area and playing in a competitive, but friendly local league event. You throw the low round of the day...but the final group takes another hour to come in and you have a family obligation and choose to leave and have a friend collect for you.

An hour later you find out that you can't collect due to the 'must be present to collect' unwritten rule--but the rule was never mentioned to the group before or during play.

Remember this was a local friendly, not a tournament. Is the player right in being angry that the coordinator:

a) never mentioned the 'must be present to collect' unwritten rule
b) withheld the payout

Discuss.

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i dont think it was very right....i would be pissed off as well......
Yep.

S-H-A-D-Y
C. I would have talked to the TD before I left
he was in the last group that came in late...it was a big, giant fubar of mis-communication based upon 'assumed knowledge'...
Oh well, brush it off, and throw another low round next week!
I brushed it off right after my pleasant confrontation with the TD 15 minutes after he gave my money away...I took comfort in the fact that I beat 25 other players...I simply wanted to see what others had to say about the situation...
One of our handycap tourneys is like that,it caught me the same way,and I was upset.First ,now I run it sometimes and realize how hard it is to keep up with so many details.Second ,now we let people know.Third someone on your card should have told you to stay or talk to the TD.
Hey, you were present to WIN the damn thing, just not to collect. What is this a raffle?
Thats B.S. somebody should have held the money for ya. Ive played many of time where somebody cashed and had to leave and we just gave it to them the next time we saw them.
my buddy was there to collect, and the 'locals' deliberated for 10 minutes then told him I couldn't cash...
I won 400 miles from home and had to leave early. A B tier event. I got my plastic three months later. From Kevin Gomez. All hail KG.

BTW if you put a very small rock in a valve stem and screw the cap back on til you hear a slight hiss . . . . . . . . I'm jus' sayin'.
That is ridiculous. Those money grubbing locals just wanted to sweeten their payout. The fact that they had to deliberate at all shows that they didn't have a rule in place. It was wrong what they did, pure and simple. If there was a rule fine, but obviously there wasn't. Have them show you in writing.

I don't know what you can do about it though. I think I would ask for my money back from that league night. If they already paid out your winnings, it'd be too difficult to collect them at this point.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968