www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been thinking about making the switch to throwing rocs but I know that theres like a million different kinds of rocs and i was wondering what the differences are in the molds and stabillities. I have seen people that park rocs on holes over 380 and i want to get in on some of that but I am a near diehard discraft lover and it would take a lot for me to make the switch but i played nine with a dx roc and was throwin it pretty good around 320 with good accuracy. Anyway, what do you know?

Tags: Roc

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I throw a DX roc if I am within 200 feet of a hole and I park it almost every time... I just picked up the KC Pro though so I will follow up with details on that once I get a chance to use it :)
Cool thanks. I wull be on a mission trip over the next seven days so i wont have a chance to get back to responses but i would like to thank everyone in advance.
if you are stuck on discraft, throw a wasp, it is pretty much the same mold. I am a Roc fan but I prefer the "hotstamp" dx version simply because the hotstamp flattens out the disc! BUt my Discraft freinds throw the wasp and it is pretty close to the same mold
Ya,what silverback said!!!
There's a millinn different molds because they all fly diferently, stick with DISCRAFT, they all fly consistently.
Candy Roc , Super Roc , Star San Marino Roc !!!
WOW.. thought gr8roc Jamie would be the first to answer..asleep at the wheel? lol
I tried a KC Roc and quickly did not like it. I do not like a very hard plastic ended up tradeing it to a guy for a nuke he did not like. I went over to a Buzz Z and believe this to be the most deadly disc in my bag. I tell it where I want it and it seem to go there. I can throw the disc OH, BH, FH and pretty much do not loose control. As a newbie a disc like this is gold at the end of the rainbow.

So I say no to the Roc and Yes to the Buzz!!!
I like how he asks about rocs and all the discraft people chime in about the buzz or wasp. Anyway the rancho is the most stable next is the san marino and last is the ontario. Get yourself a dx rancho with a bird stamp at 180g and let me know how you like it and I can help from there. There are many different combos with rocs and once you find what you are looking for, it will save you many strokes.
I love that my favorite golf disc (dx rancho rocs) only cost 8-9 dollars. Sounds like you already have one. Keep throwing it. I keep a few in the bag broken in differently. My favorite is the slightly broken in roc. You knock out the high speed overstability and you have a disc that will fly on a straight line for a long time and then fade slightly left at the end. Beat it in a little more and you've got the only golf disc in existence (besides putters) that will stay absolutely straight from start to finish.
I think a buzzz is like that slightly beaten in roc I described right off the shelf. That would explain why it's so popular.
I would agree... I never gave my roc a chance to break in...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968