www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been thinking about making the switch to throwing rocs but I know that theres like a million different kinds of rocs and i was wondering what the differences are in the molds and stabillities. I have seen people that park rocs on holes over 380 and i want to get in on some of that but I am a near diehard discraft lover and it would take a lot for me to make the switch but i played nine with a dx roc and was throwin it pretty good around 320 with good accuracy. Anyway, what do you know?

Tags: Roc

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KC Rocs take a while....like years.
I won't call myself a roc expert but I think that I have found a pretty good description of everything (and your right there is a lot to consider with rocs... which is good and bad).

Star San Marino Roc
- way overstable and thanks to star plastic it will stay like that
(I will not include champ rocs because I know little about them and they are cfr...)
KC Pro Roc - these start out overstable and then slowly turn stable and after a long time, yes years, have very subtle understable tendencies. Best first roc if you plan on keeping them because you'll learn well how they work when they're new and as the beat in you'll learn the subtleties of Rocs in all stages of wear (which is why they're great and why the Buzz is so popular). KC Pro plastic is my personal fav.
RPro Rocs - Floppy and noticeably more understable than any of them, an oddity to me but I think people will include them until their DX beat in.
DX Rocs - Ontario is most overstable, closely followed by San Marino, Rancho being more stable. They season quickly and well loosing stability at a good rate to achieve a variety of shot options.

I have also noticed that certain grip and power combinations cause them to do different things (mostly the KC which is why I like them).

When they were in my bag i had 4 in this combo
180g Star San Marino
175 KC Pro
173 Beat DX
174 New DX (to beat in slowly)

I know Dixon Jowers carries around 12-15 Rocs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-D3_kmvmk)

Hope that helps!
I'm sure the lack of bead on the buzzz makes a difference in being straight out of the box compared to the Roc.
throw a z wasp it's pretty close to a C.E. roc, and its from the best company...DISCRAFT!!!!
Chris, How do you put these(rocs) in order from stable to under? It should be rancho, sanny, and last ontario. I just was not understanding what you were saying. Not trying to be mean just trying to help. If thats how you had them, sorry.
Yeah, you've got em' backward in order of stability Chris. I'd agree with everything else you said.
Nothing flies like a broken in 10X Roc!
Love my 8 x KC Pro Roc !!!!
Nope, your right, I totally did get them backwards. A moment of dislexia for you all of you to enjoy. And no offense ya'll, correction is good where it is due.

I like KC rocks to most btw, doesn't matter if it is 8x, 10x or 3x or 7 if its KC its porbably money. The only disc I'm thinking of buying a stack of to have for myself...
i watched my friend ace hole 18 at lewisville lake on an Anny, with a new KC Pro Roc. he looked over at me and said, bet you wish i threw a Buzzz huh? rubbing in the fact that i've yet to hit an ace, which most of my ace runs on that course,are with a Buzzz, and i had been hitting baskets for weeks on end.
waaaa. mine was in my stolen bag a few years ago and I still miss it SO much. throwing a 10x these days, but only have the one...

glow roc 180gms is a good choice

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968