www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hello fellow disc golfers

I am trying to get a group of friends together for a day out at the disc course followed by some tailgating. not a huge crowd and just a small grill and a couple beers after the game.

Does anyone know of or can recommend a course that would be good for this? I would hate to get somewhere and find out that its prohibited. I live in Chicago so something south of there would probably be most convenient.
thanks!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks HallieG! Thats a little farther than i wanted to drive this weekend but looking at the course it may be worth taking the trip out there.
My family just got back from a week long trip to the Chicago area. We played 19 courses while there. What kind of course are you looking for, fun and easy, challenging, beautiful...? After having played 95 courses, I think the most beautifully maintained/landscaped course I've ever seen is Channahon, IL Community Park. They have a nice picnic area by # 18; however, I did notice a police car chillin there when we arrived.

Now, If you are looking for a good challenge, go to Joliet and play the Highland Park course. It is newer, but probably the most challenging course we played while in Illinois last week. If you really want to get real serious, go play the Silver course at Lemon Lake County Park in Cedar Lake, IN or Valporaiso, IN's course (Rogers Lakewood Park). They are good n tough. HallieG is correct about there being a fee at Lemon Lake, but I think they make it $4 if you are playing disc golf.

For an all day thing...Go to Lemon Lake, the new White course is short and technical, the blue and red are the oldest ones and they are a nice mix of challenge, a variety of lengths, and technical shots. The silver/gold (gold course is long tees of the silver course), this one is a beast. Loved it.

hope the added info helps
Thanks for the info Rudibaughs. I would say i was looking for a more fun and easy course thats at least 18 holes. I play on a regular basis but im bringing a few people that are still new to the game.
Right now im thinking about going to either Channahon or that Highland Park in Joliet.

From what you guys are all saying it sounds like Lemon Lake is worth the drive out. Does anyone know if there is camping at the Lemon Lake County Park? Maybe I could turn this day out into a weekend out there.

Thank you!
i dont have any info on the camping thing, but the pdga worlds are being held there next year. sounds like a must play to me.
Thanks for the replies everyone.

My group ended up voting to go to The Oaks park in Mokena.

The course was a little crowded for a Sunday morning but the rest of the park was completely empty and we had plenty of room to grill out.

now i just have to setup a weekend to get out to Lemon Lake...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968